on 10 July 2013
I've been after an automatic watch for around 3yrs, there are so many brands and style to chose from it can be difficult. During my 'searching' I stumbled upon the swiss precision company VICTORINOX. My knowledge of Victorinox are makers of Swiss Army knives, never knew they made watches. The Alpnach 241382 with power reserve gauge seems like a very interesting watch, a reputable company using reputable component so without much hesitation I made a purchase through Amazon uk. The watch was sent direct to me from Luxury Timepieces in America, order was place by Amazon late one Monday afternoon and the watch arrived safe & secure at 9.15am Wednesday morning! Well done FedEx. Victorinox presentation box are beautifully made, it opens out nicely to reveal a securely fitted Limited Edition Alpnach 241382 wrist watch. My first impression "fab looking watch, skilfully engineered". The watch has a very unique and appealing black dial with a power reserve mini gauge at 3 o'clock position. The rear has a 'see through back' which expose a beautiful ETA Valjoux 7750 automatic movement. This is no standard 7750 movement, it is highly decorated, 25 jewels, blue screws, high quality balance wheel and a laser cut VSA emblem through the rotor. Now for Time-keeping, I set the watch precisely to my 'radio controlled clock', on the first 4 days it lost 8 seconds, the next 7 days it lost 6 seconds. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase, i hope my initial thought on quality & reliability on this brand will continue for a long time to come and Amazon's customer service are extremely helpful.
"Update"
It been almost a year with this watch, I wear it 3 times a week (I also have a victorinox alpnach 241527) and the time keeping is almost spot on. In the last 6months the watch runs at -2 sec a month so It doing good. A point of interest, my other alpnach also runs at -2 sec a month too, maybe I've been lucky or these Victorinox technician guys are skilled at calibrating watches, either way I'm still very happy with my purchase, thank you Amazon uk.