on 12 April 2012
Here's the situation I was in... I love my steak - I'm a true carnivore. The steak I buy is quite bloody and even after draining, a lot is expelled during the cooking in my George Foreman grill and it's a real mess and a chore to clean up afterwards. I also use this to cook my chicken, but by the time it is cooked through, the outsides are burned to a crisp due to direct contact with the heated plates. These bags help in both situations and are a fantastic idea. I question just how re-usable these bags will actually be though as they look and feel like high quality food bags.

What annoyed me though was I assumed that all bags would be of the same size, large enough to cook toasties/paninis in. On the front of the packaging though it lists three sizes:

15cm x 20cm (ideal for sausages)
20cm x 20cm (ideal for hamburgers and vegetables)
25cm x 20cm (ideal for fish, large meat and paninis)

Nowhere does Amazon list this information (yet...) and in the title it just lists a set of three - so I assumed all would be the same size. The smallest one looks ideal for a slice of fish or a chicken breast but I can't think of much more use for it other than the recommended sausages.

Please note these are rated as being heat resistant up to 260 degrees centigrade so if you cook at higher temperatures these will likely melt, so please do avoid if that is the case. The instructions mention to wash in hot soapy water and to wash prior to first use, so really it's no different to how you hand wash dishes. There is a warning to not add any oil, butter or liquids to the bag, but on a plus note I would like to suggest that you start experimenting with spices, herbs & seasoning. In a grill like the George Foreman you don't really have that freedom as it just burns when it comes in contact with the hot plates, so these bags will allow you to add that little bit extra for a tastier meal.
1010 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2013
Wasn't expecting too much at the price, but they are absolutely briliant! So far I've grilled chops, sausages,,black pudding, burgers and assorted veggies in them (not all at once) and they still look like new. Dead easy to clean, but most importantly, the food cooks just as it normally would but without occasionally sticking to the grill plates. Veggies work particularly well as the bags retain the moisture and flavour extremely well.
Work fine for one or two people, but if you grill for more than two people at once, get two sets.
on 7 December 2010
I have been using some of these with my "contact grill" for some time. I use them so often that they were getting "worse for wear" so I was delighted to be able to replace them. They make "grilling" problem free, only minimum cleaning of the grill is needed after using one of these, and the bags themselves could not be easier to wash.
on 29 January 2013
These bags are fantastic,no more hassle washing my hot health grill,I can just just throw the used bag into my washing up bowl to wash later and wipe down grill when cool,bags wash really easily.
on 28 February 2014
I find these bags brilliant. I can use them over and over again and they keep the grill plates free from any cooking deposits. I would recommend them to anyone who uses a George Foreman grill.
on 20 June 2013
The food even browns. Cooks perfectly. The different sizes are great and all easy to clean. I stick them in the dishwasher.
on 13 March 2016
I love the Forman grill, but didn't like the cleaning and the smoke from burnt fat. The bags have solved the issue - the food doesn't burn that much, therefore there is significantly less smoke, when grilling fattier things like chicken thighs. The cleaning is very easy - I just wash it my sink with detergent. The minus side - they are not the most attractive thing while drying... My husband has asked me to dry them inside the cupboards.

The grilling bags have allowed us to improve our diet - we are much better now at maintaining 80% healthy diet. I marinate chicken ahead and grill it in just few minutes, while making vegetables and warming up quinoa. Even I don't have anything at home - I know I just need to buy chicken thighs, brush them with some spice mix (Lebanese, grill and similar mixes) and put it in the grill. The bags are good for other things as sausages and pies as well.
on 23 October 2013
Very very dissapointed, as only 5 days of use on my George Formeman grill, one bag burst and has ripped, making the liquid from the cooking go all over the grill, meaning totally useless. The other two have had less use and are still functioning, but a product only lasting 5 days? Come on. Pathetic really.
on 11 December 2013
I have bought these before and ay one I know with a grill will get a pack of these this christmas
Decided to try out one of the bags on one of my George Foreman grills.

One grill is the one with small lid and the flat grilling/frying area.

I just love steak and onions and I would cook the steak under the lid and fry the onions on the flat plate - then get a small sheet of NON-STICK kitchen foil and put a layer of onions on the foil, the steak and then cover with rest of onions - fold up in the foil and grill again. Trouble is a lot of the juices of the steak had already disappeared and I am trying to eat less fried food.

I chose the bag which fitted the size of the grill - I not sure if it was the medium or the large one and put in the raw chopped onions and the steak with the major parts of fat cut off - I had cut the steak up a little so the pieces would be surrounded by the onions so I fingered the bag through the plastic to achieve this.

I had the bag arranged so the wide opening vented on to the side of the grill where the flat plate is. That way any leakage could be seen and it would still flow down into the fat collector tray.

I left the grill on high while I sat close by. It must have been about ten minutes or so. I lifted one edge of the opening of the bag to have a peep though I could see the steak was browning. I poked the steak with a fork and it was soft. Onions were ok. I did not see any fat or anything coming of of the bag on to the flat plate. I unplugged the grill and left it to cool with the food still cooking while I made some coffee.

Not only was the grill beautifully clean (not that it is difficult to clean) but the meat was cooked through and was soft and chewy as it had been cooked in its own juices plus the moisture from the onions. The onions were cooked and were still a little crisp - just right. Not all floppy like sometimes. Some of the pieces of onions had gained some colour. May be I could put the onions in first alone and cook for a while and then add the steak. Next time I'll fill a small bag with onions pieces too and when I later add the steak to the bigger bag can shake the smaller quantity of onions on top.

Please remember I had made sure the steak was surrounded by the onions pieces, under, over and alongside. It was delicious.

All in all it was very enjoyable to eat a steak not hard for my old teeth.

I can't see me using the smaller bags. I wonder if you can buy packs just of the bigger sizes.

Another reviewer says how a bag split. I did not fold my bag at all and left the opening so if anything came out it would flow safely onto the flat plate and into the fat collector so it would not balloon up with heated air.

I look forward to experimenting more.