Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Explorer Superior Shooting Stick

on 19 May 2017
The plastic around the seat was very rough so uncomfortable to the touch however I would have put up with that had it been OK to sit on. I don't think the point was long enough as it wouldn't really stick into the ground (not even on its own) . When I tried to sit on it then it rocked and was very unstable. I have a problem with my calf muscle so thought it might be me however my husband, who has no "incapacity", could not sit on it safely either. Very disappointing as I can go walks as long as I rest frequently so thought this was the answer. It is the only one I have tried and has put me off trying any more. Shame because other reviews have been so good which is why I was willing to pay a bit more than others I have seen. I returned it easily and refund was prompt.
on 22 November 2012
I bought this shooting stick for my husband as he had injured his knee and was finding his usual country pursuits painful. I had difficulty in finding a stick that would take his weight (19 stone). This stick proved ideal. It is robust and has a larger than average seat which makes it more comfortable to sit on. He can also use it as a walking aid. It is not the flashiest shooting stick I have seen - it's not chromed with leather trim like some, but my husband uses it confident that it is not going to let him down, which to me is much more important. It arrived without the rubber end to convert it for use on hard surfaces but this was sent immediately I pointed it out and it was received the next day. The stick can therefore be used on hard or soft ground.
If performance and serviceability are more important than appearance, then this is the stick for you - especially if you have a larger than average derriere!!.
on 15 May 2016
Comfortable to sit on once you get the hang of it.
I agree with another reviewer that a metal spike and bottom plate would have been a much better option than the plastic one it comes with. It rather lets down the whole design which is very good apart from that.
on 14 August 2013
Have one of these seats - brilliant for soft ground - very lightweight & easy to use.
Worth knowing that if you want to use on hard ground that it is better to buy the Supaseat Foldaway version which has both foot ends - rubber ferrule foot end & a point & plate and folds down into a carry case.
on 30 July 2017
Well made,comfortable & most important lightweight!
on 1 October 2017
Excellent
on 20 June 2017
strong and well made
on 10 September 2016
Light and easy to carry but not the most comfortable seat in the world.
on 5 May 2015
Strong, light and comfortable to sit on. I use this stick to help me cross rough terrain when I am fishing in the Highlands, and then to rest my broken ankle. As such it probably gets 200% more wear than normal use but stands up to it without difficulty.

I have no real criticisms but the plate which stops the stick sinking into soft ground is heavy-duty plastic rather than metal. This keeps it light but may be less durable in the long term.

The stick is quite good-looking in a 'green wellies' kind of way but not perhaps for the fashion conscious!

All in all an excellent product thoroughly recommended.
on 19 June 2013
Would have rated 5 but the top edge of the folded handles a bit sharp when using as walking aid.

See one answered question