on 12 March 2018
This was actually bought as a replacement for my old one of these.

On the old one (which I heavily used for about 6 years) the zip finally gave way on outer bit and needed replacing.

This is a great, reliable multi-use tool. I think throughout my old ones life, I used every side of it for one thing or another. It’s nice to have the option of silver and white to change the intensity of your reflected light. The gold is probably the least useful side, and the black can be handy from time to time. The translucent part I also didn’t overly use, but it has been handy on a few occasions.

Two ways they could improve this: put the white and silver on the same sides. Firstly, I typically get out the white first and if I decide ‘actually, I need something more intense’ it’s a few minutes of song and dance to take the sleeve off, turn it over, and put the silver on. And visa versa. If they were just on opposite sides I could flip it over no problems and switch between the two very easily rather than slow down my shoot while that switch is made. It’s a small thing but would make a difference I feel. Black and gold as I mentioned are the two less useful colours available.

Secondly, make the carry case better quality. That thing normally rips and dies very quickly in my experience. The zip is awful and the bag is just poor quality. This thing is useless without a bag to ‘contain’ it. No fun driving home with this reflector fully deployed in the car because the bag broke.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 19 July 2015
Great value, even the small handle on the bag is super handy, also has great flex to squash in to a bag or manipulate for light reflection without damage.

Myself and a few friends have these and they work perfect for what they are needed for - however the zip for the gold/silver broke on mine, and is unusable with the white diff providing structure now.

Works better in indoor studio shoots, but the gold and silver provide some relief for exterior shoots, both video and photography.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 April 2018
I love this reflector; it's the real deal. Big enough to make a proper impact on most of my outdoor natural light portrait shoots. Bounces light beautifully onto the subject, and also large enough to work as a flag to block the sun if needed. Wouldn't go smaller than this. Would definitely buy again if damaged.
on 6 February 2013
I'm just going to jump on the bandwagon here - but for good reason! This product is simply astounding. The price of £11 is good enough, but maybe you'd expect a so-so product that would only be good for small film/photo projects? No way! This thing has 5 different reflective surfaces, from gold to silver to translucent white, that allow for all kinds of diverse lighting tricks and tactics for a perfect shot. It's a great size and folds up easily into a nice bag for easy transport to different locations. I struggled with lighting for a while before I took my work more seriously, and upon buying this I have already found ways to erase annoying lighting issues - like silhouettes, one sided light sources and overly powerful artificial lights that create too much glare.

Those going into filming (like myself) or photography and are in need of improved lighting: you can't go wrong with this thing!
on 13 July 2014
This is huge! I guessed which size I wanted, as I didn't want a tiny little one, and this one is massive! It's a great product, folds away nicely, is pretty tough, so won't break as soon as you unfold it and does the job perfectly. However, the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because adjusting between silver/black and white/gold can be very fiddly because you have to remove the whole disk from an external cover, turn that inside out and put it back on again... very fiddly and awkward if you've got a 43" disk! Other than looking like a pillock, it's a great product! Worth the money!
on 13 February 2016
Exactly as described - but make sure you check the size carefully. Easy to use but not so easy to put away (folding it up is difficult). Luckily there are online videos available showing you how to fold it up again. The different choices of colour are great for changing the quality of light they reflect. Very useful in portrait photography.
on 2 October 2016
Suits Amazon Basic Bag Laptop perfectly, strong enough to survive in my hands. I'm a life photographer and because of travels sometimes part of my equipment have to be strong enough to not get broke
2 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2016
nice quick delivery to start. Product was packaged well. At first glance I thought they had sent me the wrong size reflector - I ordered 43 inch but the item was in a small 18 inch bag. I was ready to contact the seller and file a complaint but when I opened the bag...BOOM! A nice big 43 inch reflector sprung out. I nice surprise as I wasn't expecting to be able to fold this up. It's also very easy to fold up and put back in the bag - just you tube it!

The product is fantastic quality - I'm very impressed.
on 13 February 2013
The difference I've seen already, based on just a few snatched photos at home, is amazing. Packing the reflector away takes a little practise at first but I spent 10 minutes messing with it and now I've got it taped - just a few seconds and they're back in teh bag. Getting them out, on the other hand, is as easy as unzipping, holding out at arm's length and "pop"! - Ideal.

This reflector really pushed the light back into the dark side of any photo and I'd highlly recommend that your buy this product if you photograph people, especially. Changing the reflectors is easy but takes a little while, so decide which reflector you're going to use for a shoot and stick with it, or at this price, buy another set. That's what I'm going to do (but a smaller one as backup).
on 9 February 2018
For £16, you can't really go wrong with this. It's a big reflector (just over 1m), seems really well put together, and the silver and white surfaces work really well. I'm sure the others do too - I just haven't used them! Highly recommended.