Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2010
This Cd contains all the greatest Clout tracks, which I used to have on cassette, in (thankfully) original format rather than digitally re-massacred. The few new tracks which have been interspersed are, while not great, perfectly OK and better than many fillers these days. Overall and excellent CD which ius exactly what I wanted.
on 4 July 2011
This is nearly - ever so nearly - the perfect Clout album, spoiled omly by the lack of the really hard to get hold of "You make my world so colorful" track.

Most people think Clout + Substitute = one hit wonder but as with many non British groups, there is actually a sizeable volume of quality music waiting to be heard just beneath the surface. Think Golden Earring; Radar love but 50 million record sales, John Kongos etc and you get the picture but I digress. The progress of Clout into the British charts in the 1970's was all the more remarkable being white South Africans in the era of sanctions - oh by the way, did I mention that in the first and indeed, main incarnation, Clout were all female. Bit like Girlschool with tunes...ok, not fair on Kim and the crew, I'll accept that...

But what about the music, which is why we are all here. In addition to the headlining "Substitute" you get the brilliant "Save me" "feel my knees - oh, how we laughed in those puerile days - "You've got all of me" (knees included) and a brilliantly evocative take on Clapton's "let it grow" - a slightly different nuance when performed by a female band, I suspect.

One or two of the later tracks, after they had let the men in, are a bit more workman like but there is still plenty here to warrant four stars and to make a punt from your pocket a rewarding experience.
on 3 February 2016
Until recently my only knowledge of Clout was of their 1978 hit "Substitute" but having seen a couple of youtube clips I decided to buy this album and I thoroughly love it. As well as featuring their hit with Substitute there are a number follow up songs and a number of really good covers of such hits as Save me and Since you've been gone. All twenty tracks make good listening. This is one of the best albums I have ever bought. Fabulous.
on 31 October 2010
Having known this South African all-girl' band from their very start in 1977, this "Best Of" CD allowed me to sort of "travel in time" back to my teens. This selection bears indeed their greatest hits,from their megahit "Substitute", (which managed to bust sanctions that S.A. faced at the time and hit western charts), to the less well known "Save Me", "The Best Of Me", "Feel My Need" and many more. Memorable tracks in a then Disco-dominated world. To the less familiar with late 70's South African pop, this stands as a great opportunity to get more acquainted.
on 29 April 2015
"The Best Of Clout" on Repertoire Records is an excellent compilation by the all female rock group from South Africa formed in 1977
on 18 March 2015
Good music is allways good no matter how old. Many may disagree but theese are my ears.
on 19 December 2015
Great album from when I was young.
on 15 September 2015
Some nice songs
on 7 March 2013
Very happy with this purchase. price was very good and it arrived on time
Will purchase more cds again soon
on 26 July 2015