on 18 September 2016
As described, perfect
on 1 June 2017
CRAP! more light comes from a match
on 26 December 2012
I did appreciate when I bought this that it had limitations, as I live in an urban area I don't need a searchlight just something legal and safe. It does that well but don't expect it to help you to see where you're going. In the country buy something much brighter.
on 31 January 2013
You pay for what you get, and for what I paid it is decent. Battery lasts well. It does illuminate your face while cycling, which is alittle offputting. Okay to be seen, but not for cycling down unlit roads.
on 9 October 2011
I've had two of these lights, and I like them as they have a good light spread, batteries last for ages and projects some light to the side so that cars at junctions are more likely to spot you. However the plastic attachment for fixing and removing it from the bike (which I do twice daily as I commute with it) on both of mine broke within a couple of years. Despite the fact the rest of the light is fine, once this connector breaks, the light jumps off the bike whenever I go over a bump, so I've had to replace it each time. Not all Cateye lights use this fixture, but the 130 and 135 series all seem to.
on 26 October 2012
Fearfull of having a single expensive light and then it fail and leave me in darkness, I have a pair of these mounted on my handlebars. Only one is switched on in lit areas, but both are used when on unlit roads.

They are sleek, modern and quite small. I particularly like the on/flash/off button on the back of them as it is almost invisible and doesn't spoil the look of the light.

Mounting them on handlebars is dead easy. The light generated by them is impressive for the money. I have used them for short sections of country lane and unlit roads where I needed to see perhaps 10yards in front of me for potholes and debris. This creates a 1m square spot of strong white light on the road. i have mine angled so one throws its light slightly ahead of the other, creating a larger section of lit road. There is enough sideways light throw to show up road markings and the like.

I'd define them as a good step up from a basic £5 'be seen' light that can get you across a short unlit section in safety
on 3 September 2010
I purchased this for my own use. I commute to work and back and to the shops, this light is extremely bright and the battery has lasted me much longer than I had anticipated. I have always believed in the quality of cateye products and this one has not let me down. The mounting is tool free and only takes 5 minutes, the great thing is you can remount it on another bike in no time (I went mountain biking and used this light too).

Thoroughly impressed, good value, good quality.
on 1 September 2012
A good little light, well made and easy to attach without tools. I would have preffered a bit more of a spread of light but its quite adequate even on unlit country roads. I do find the light visible from the riding position coming from the top of the lens slightly irritating but this is a minor quibble and is easily fixed with a little piece of black tape strategically placed. All in all a good light and value for money.
on 20 January 2014
I love this because I cannot accidently knock it off the bike, which is what has happened to three previous front lights where the release lever is behind the light. This is very easy to attach to any size bar, easy to release ant to alter. It recommends that you cut the excess band, personally I would say the opposite, in case you want to place it elsewhere or on another bike.
on 28 May 2013
This light is Very Bright, but has a limited spread of Light. You will be seen with this!
Its ideal for low light town riding, but does not give enough light on its own for night time road riding , and nowhere near enough light for off road.
Really neat and compact, Good quality
Replaces my previous halogen cateye ( purchased 18 years ago & 4 times the size of this one)