on 7 November 2012
I work all day in wellies & since having our daughter my wife wont let me dry my boots in the kitchen. So I bought these expecting the next morning to slid my toes into toasty warm wellingtons. No, that morning I went to work in a very bad mood. They simply dont heat up enough. Their quite pathetic & a total waste of money. I since have purchased two small kittens which I insert into my boots every evening that do a much better job. Although you do have to remember to remove them in morning.
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2014
My husband is a postie and regularly comes home with his shoes soaked through and we always struggle to get them dry for the next day using the newspaper stuffing method. I spotted these and bought them for Christmas and they really are a great product. They heat up nicely and the fact that they don't use a lot of electricity makes you feel more comfortable about leaving them on for a long period of time. The trick seems to be (in a large pair of shoes anyway), to still stuff the opening of the shoe was paper to help contain the heat inside the shoes. I also covered them with a towel for good measure but this was because I was trying to dry a sodden pair of shoes out for the next day. This recent bad weather has allowed us to test this product to the full and I can safely say my husband is delighted with them. No more putting feet into damp shoes in the morning!
on 8 February 2012
The warmer/dryer does not get hot enough. The box says it should reach 65C after about 20 minutes and the manual says 50C. I gets nowhere near that temperature, even after 2 hours. I realise a very hot item would be fire hazard but this is not hot enough.
on 19 January 2013
I purchased this item as a replacement for an older model. It should not be described as a shoe dryer. The elements are too small and the output is inadequate. it is not fit for the purpose described. I am now going out to see if I can have my old model repaired..
on 22 January 2014
I have had boot dryers for my ski boots for years (made & bought in Switzerland) so when I found this item was delighted. I bought it to keep handy in my caravan for my walking boots. Just perfect for our weather when coast path walking in winter-or even summer!
on 15 November 2013
My son-in-law walks on Dartmoor and everyone know how soggy that can get at times.....so warm dry boots..... what a luxury. A Christmas present he would never think of getting.
on 12 March 2015
Excellent gadget to dry footnball boots out with. Mild heat works overnight and not to hot to damage boot. A good gadget
on 25 December 2012
the best product ever . We just love it. Quick dispatch. Very easy to use. Recommend to everyone. Good value for money
on 21 January 2013
Maybe because of its low power,it is not warm enough as what I have expected and it is hard to make wet shoes be dry.
on 9 February 2012
When I first tried this product I was dismayed to find how gentle the heating was. I wanted to dry out running shoes I had just rinsed and it didn't seem able to do the job. However, when I washed a pair of shoes in the washing machine - after they had retired from running duties - the drier was able to dry them out overnight. Now, when I wash a pair of current running shoes they go in the washing machine for a spin, which removes most of the water, then these driers will get them dry overnight. After drying, the shoes don't get stiff the way they would on a radiator.

One problem: no instruction leaflet to tell me how to use the product safely. I don't feel the combination of electricity & water is always safe and would like to know if I am running a risk with wetter shoes.

Update, February 2016. I have used these hundreds of times in the last four years and they remain effective. Good sturdy product.