on 16 April 2012
I've been using this for sandbag training, and so far its showing no sign of breaking, even with 75 kilo's in it.

Versatile, strong, and really cheap.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2017
Good Item
on 3 August 2015
String, well made, very large
on 9 July 2011
And I mean it, It is huge! Just imagine a big bag for less than £[], well it is bigger than you imagine! If you hesitate to buy this product- don't. You will not be disappointed.
on 28 February 2011
Like other reviews may have said, this is one massive bag. Certainly got more than I bargained for! Was planning on using this for hiking and weekend trips but could honestly fit all of the stuff I own in it, its that big and cumbersome. Not great for my intended purpose but if u need something like this for moving house etc you cant go wrong!
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2015
This was the first thing that came to mind when I sought a solution to consolidate my photo gear. I'm ex-mil so I know how much punishment these old kit bags can take. It is such ubiquitous bit of kit that can be purposed to so many applications. Mine is now filled with photo lighting stands, umbrellas and tripods. Two of the stands are unusually long, I leave an opposite ring unfastened to allowing the stands to protrude about 5"; still a tidy solution - "Standard" sized stands and my Benbo1 and trekker tripods all fit inside comfortably. These will never change with fashion so over the years I will be able to get more for backgrounds, props and storage as and when required. Great for 'deployment' in the field for projects and such like.

They are incredibly robust, however I've seen someone here complain of the top strap breaking...
The only way I could see the top strap breaking is if you neglect to thread the T shaped metal connector through the brass rings - that would put the full weight of the load on just an inch and a half of stitching! - It's tough stitching but weak compared to the bags full capability. With the brass rings properly looped over the (upside down) T bar the load becomes evenly distributed through the whole canvas. It's important to hook the clip to the tip of the T *with at least the closest ring looped onto it* Otherwise the canvas tab is likely to fail under heavy load since it's just there to keep the T bar in place, not to support the load. The bag doesn't come with instructions so it's an easy enough mistake to make - look closely at the picture to see how it should be done - Used properly this bag is pretty much indestructible; you could smuggle a pig in it!
on 27 July 2011
This product was delivered really quickly. It was exactly as described. Unfortunately I did have a problem with some stitching not up to standard but once I informed Outdoor Value of the problem they could not have been more helpful. Absolutely great customer service.
on 11 January 2011
I decided to write a review as there are a few things unclear in the description of this product. First of all the picture is a little misleading, it's HUGE! It stands nearly 3 feet tall, and 1 foot square at the base. The hook and eyelet closing system it uses is very heavy duty, and shows no sign of breaking any time soon, and the handle and shoulder strap is well fixed. The kit I carry for camping weighs over 15kg and the stitching on the handle doesn't stretch or pull out of place at all. A great versitile product, especially if you take in to account the price!
22 Comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 May 2011
I read the reviews that the bag was huge before I bought it, but was still surprised to find that it is indeed HUGE. Bought this for carrying all my gear for Download, though I could probably smuggle in a midget.
The material is very thick of canvas type and the clip appears to be a heard wearing metal. Very good for the price. I expect it to do the job nicely.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 July 2012
The other reviewers seem to sum this product up quite well but here's my opinions.

This bag is the Highlander army kit bag and it's basically a huge sack, it has one large 90+litre (I think) compartment and no fancy iPod pockets, water bottle holders or other such stuff.

It is made from a very tough canvas material and should last a long time.

It has one carry handle and one shoulder strap that is quite short, you can barely get it over your shoulder.
My understanding is that army kit bags are not meant to be carried for long periods and this certainly would be very awkward to carry for more than a few minutes.

It does have a funny canvas smell but the smell fades with time.

Allegedly it's strong enough that you can fill it with sand and use it for weight lifting, and it's far cheaper than proper weight-lifting-with-sand bags. Also allegedly it can be filled with scraps of cloth and used as a punch bag.

I think if you're looking for a big cheap tough sack then this is great but (like all army kit bags?) it's poorly suited to long distance carry.