on 16 July 2011
After reading reviews about these gloves everybody seemed to say they were tight fitting and you should buy the size above to make sure they fit you.

I don't think these people understand what size their hands are. I have large hands and always buy size large for other gloves such as disposable / winter cotton ones.

I decided to ignore everyone's advice and just buy the gold gym training gloves in size large and when I first put them on yes they were a little tight but that's normal because it's brand new leather that hasn't been worn yet. After 10 minutes of wearing them and wearing them in a bit they fit me perfectly.

Another reviewer said the inner seam on one of the fingers was rubbing & hurting their little finger. Well...mine doesn't - they must have bought the wrong size gloves or have a defective pair. Mine are perfectly comfortable.

If I had bought the extra large pair they would of been far too big and would of wasted my money. Buy the size your normally buy !

Very comfortable, great quality, look good & do what they are supposed to do...protect your hands when you are lifting weights !

These gloves look very durable, they should last me a very long time.
on 5 January 2012
Bought these gloves after months of weight training, hands were taking a bit of a beating. I consider my hand to be pretty big, so large seemed a good option, and they fit great. From the top of my wrist to the top of middle finger is 7.5 inches, if that gives a reference to anyone for sizing. They for pretty snug, but comfortable. The stiching is sturdy as far as i can say and the leather feels sturdy also. For the price they're a steal, well worth getting if your into weights and don't know which ones to buy.
on 4 January 2011
I bought these gloves as a gift for my brother-in-law and he is delighted with them. They are good quality gloves with good grip for weight lifting.
on 18 September 2015
These are pretty solid beginners weight lifting gloves.
After some faffing around trying to find my size, I can safely say I'm pleased with the purchase.

I do weight training 2x a week, but I've only been doing this for a little over a year. When I first started, because I found myself straining an awful lot I started to get painful blisters, they use to turn really ugly and be so damn painful. So in the end I decided to invest in some gym gloves. Yes! they do the job which is all I'm asking for. You want them to be just a little tight fitting at first, but they will adjust over time you need a snug fit should I say.

These will do for now, but I'd highly recommend if you are serious about getting into lifting weights I would buy some better quality ones i.e (more expensive) but if this is something you're a little hazy about then don't go spending too much on some fancy gloves.
on 15 March 2011
I recently purchased these gloves. They are a comfortable fit and are well padded on the palm. Ideal for weight training. Overall, a good quality product, well priced.
on 28 February 2016
Good but, I've accidentally pulled one of the velcro tabs off the back of one of these gloves. Seems they only have a couple of stitches holding em on. Other than that, they have been comfortable to wear and do the job of preventing callouses forming for a moderate price. Would buy another pair.
on 9 May 2016
I ordered a size m and that is way to small so have given these to my wife who has small hands .but I can say that these gloves are made to the highest quality and would recommend but you will need to check your size 1st.
on 16 April 2012
I've owned a number of pairs of these gloves and have always been happy with the quality. They can start to come apart around the thumb but each pair has lasted a copule of years of reasonable heavy training (benching 100kilo, curling 40kilo and pull downs c100kilos) 3 times a week using metal bars.

Would suspect that the padding isn't thick enough for serious weights but for most people they should be ok.
on 1 December 2014
The gloves seemed OK for quality but they're huge. I ordered medium which is my usual size and they swamp me. They also have a massive cuff that you can't see in the picture that comes up well over the wrist which is totally no good for me. They cost about £10 to buy but when trying to return them the postage cost is £6 for collect plus which is a total rip off, so I'll probably have to sell them instead.
on 2 June 2016
Bought medium for my average sized hands, at first tight fit but quickly loosen as you start using them.

Bought another pair to use with my pull up bar as they are cheap IMO and have a high quality feel to them as expected from Gold's.