on 25 December 2010
Seems to do the job fine, quiet & easy to use - but about twice the size it looks on Amazon. Had hoped to keep it on the bedside cabinet - but there wouldn't be room for anything else! Check the dimensions before you buy.
on 2 August 2016
I had to return this item as the gentle rotary action did not wind my Seiko kinetic watch. I contacted Seiko and was told that watch winders only worked for mechanical watches, not kinetic ones.
on 3 January 2015
I have a Tag Heuer Carrera 5 automatic watch and bought this watch winder to keep it charged. The first problem I had was that my watch strap was to short to wrap around the internal holder which I found surprising as my wrist isn't that small. I got around this problem though by taking the holder apart and sawing off 5mm from the internal depth stop allowing the sprung holder to be pressed in enough to allow my watch to be wrapped around it. The major problem though with this product is that it wont keep my watch charged! I have tried setting the winder moment both clockwise and anti clockwise but it doesn't seam to be working! I have now got no choice but to buy something else that will do the job.
on 16 December 2013
This machine is everything I have wanted spent years winding my rolex and breaking spring. Never had date on proper day now well satisfied
on 30 April 2012
I have had 3 models of Tutelary watch winders and not one of them has lasted longer than 15months i would not recommend this make to anyone,don't buy them.
on 14 September 2010
I am very pleased with my Time Tutelary watch winder, although it winds for one hour and rests for 3 hours, you need to connect it into a timer to avoid over windings. As you can now purchase a timer cheaply this is no problem.
Pleased with appearance, size OK
on 18 February 2010
Silent running and gentle. It's one hour on and three hours rest does all that is required and also it accepts a separate timer without problems. It would be nice if direction of rotation changed after each on off function but that is asking a lot at the price. All in all, very pleased with mine.
on 12 September 2014
Very nice looking budget winder. Works fine with my Rolex. Pulling out the centre piece which holds the watch can be a bit tight at first and I found tugging slightly at one side then the other got it out easier. I timed the rotations and it works out at about 450 turns per hour. I will be buying a cheap £5 7 day mains timer to use with this as 1 hour on 3 hours off seems too much and may cause unnecessary wear to the watch (and timer). I think my particular watch requires about 650 turns daily. Also I'll flick the reversing switch each day so it doesn't only rotate in one direction.
on 9 April 2010
I purchased this item having read the reviews and thought i couldn't go wrong.
I have a Tissot automatic chronograph and this item simply does not charge / wind up my watch.
I don't know if this works on specific watches where the winding mechanism is side to side, but certainly if you have a Tissot watch avoid this at all costs as it does not work.
on 12 January 2011
Complete waste of money. Bought this item to keep Seiko Kinetic watch wound up. As I am disabled and don't move around a lot my watch was losing power. I hoped by putting it into this winder overnight it would charge the battery. The watched stopped instead. Very disappointed. Would have returned it but have lost box and have difficulty in getting to post office. First item purchased from Amazon which has disappointed.