Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Colour: 1333Mhz 1.5V|Size: 4GB (1x4GB)|Change

on 24 May 2012
With prices for 16GB memory packs falling fast, I figured it was time to upgrade my 13" 2011 MacBook Pro from 4GB - an amount that seemed more than enough when I got it (running Snow Leopard), but turned out to be too little once I had been using Lion for a while.

Given the issues a number of reviewers have had with no-name memory (especially in this size/capacity), I wanted to go with a name brand. And the Corsair memory was a great choice. Computer started up fine after installing, and a memory test showed that both sticks are fine. No issues after a few days use.

16GB may still be more expensive than 8GB, but for me the ability to now run Lightroom, Photoshop CS5 and CS6, and a virtual machine all at the same time has been great.

Highly recommended for anyone who multitasks on a 2011 MBP with big, RAM-hungry apps.
on 15 November 2010
Bought this RAM to improve performance on my laptop. I already had 4GB RAM but wanted to boost the machine to it's max RAM capacity.

The RAM was easy install, but I guess that's more of a laptop detail. Both DIMMs were fully functional and the RAM "spun up" with no issues. Immediately recognized and my 64-bit OS picked up on it directly.

Win 7 performance index brought the number for RAM by at least a full point. My current bottleneck is the HDD.

I saw quite a bit of performance improvement from this RAM. Running Starcraft II as my benchmark, initial loading of the game took over a minute before and it's down to 30s now. But I saw even better performance for other loading and running of the game with some maps loading in 30s versus 150s...

Definitely worth the upgrade for my machine.
on 14 April 2011
This is a brilliant buy. 4GB of RAM at 1333Mhz for ~£30 is excellent. It's fast in my XPS and has given my laptop quite an affordable boost. Beat's paying £150 that Dell were going to charge just to increase it to 6GB.

Really recommend this to anyone looking for a RAM upgrade for their laptop.
on 9 November 2010
I bought this 4GB DRR3 RAM for my Laptop. Easy to install and immediately noticed a difference in performance.

Decent price for the RAM. Highly recommended for Laptop or Netbook users running 64 bit version of Windows 7, either for work or leisure purposes.
on 10 December 2011
I bought these for my 2011 27" iMac.

Went straight in and work with the existing 4GB without any problems.

Have made a huge difference in performance, especially in CS5 / Lightroom.
on 4 November 2016
My computer suggested it had the maximum allowed 8GB memory fitted. A little research suggested that this figure was arbitrary and set by the motherboards bios and could be ignored. I now have 16GB and the machine flies when video editing etc. I have used Corsair for many years and feel safe with their memory products.
on 13 June 2012
Really cheap and idiot proof to install.
Came on time and took less than 5min to take off the back, pop out the old, put these in, job done!
Apple offers the same components for £160...
on 26 October 2014
Bought them for my IMac and so far no problem. (Have them for about 3 weeks) The computer works well. I cannot see any improvement as I didn't notice a problem in the first place, it's the computer that told me there wasn't enough ram so I trusted it :) As I said they work fine and the best thing is that my IMac accepted them without problem.
on 1 January 2013
Installation in my Early 2011 13" MBP was a breeze and it booted up without issue. Shortly after (a matter of days), the boot problems started. I was met with constant 'kernel panics' upon booting and the chance of start-up working ended up around 1 in 4. I took my mac into the apple store for repair (it was still under warranty) and the RAM checked out as OK on their diagnosis. The Hard Disk Drive was replaced since it had locked after numerous re-installations of the OS in an attempt to remedy the boot issues. It was only on the next visit to the apple store that the RAM was pinpointed as the problem. I had properly researched the product to be sure that it would work with my system so I can only assume that I had some duff chips. I have since replaced this with RAM from Crucial and haven't had a single problem.
88 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2011
Got this 8GB (2x4) set of RAM for a windows 7 x64 host and it was an upgrade
from 3GB. Definetly an improvement overall well worth the money i paid for it
and consider it good value.

Only running RAM at 1Mhz as this is the max speed for current config,
and this was as expected as the mobo defaults to lower speed and it works fine,
plus could always use faster speed in another machine.

Like i said its good value for what you get, make sure its compatible (DDR3) with
your laptop and your good to go.