on 17 December 2012
The shavette is superb for the price. I have another type from a famous German manufacturer and to be honest for half the money it does the same job and looks great.
on 28 January 2014
If you are like me an use a DE (Double Edged) Razor for every day shaving, then this is pretty much the perfect solution. You just snap the DE blade in half (in the wax paper) and insert half of the blade in the shavette.
It is surprising how effective this solution is. The blade is effective in this shavette, but the only down side is that the blade is inevitably not as wide as a cut throat and thus it takes a few more passes. That said, the shavette has a reasonable feel and it is great for styling without breaking the bank on bespoke razor blades.
on 16 July 2014
Easy to learn and much better looking than the aluminium Dovo shavettes. Made in India in this case speaks of good quality. The shave does not irritate skin at all but leaves it smooth without razor burns you get from multiblade razors. Small blade size is also a plus as it gives you more manouvreability.

The only downside is that you feel so manly when shaving with this that you beard grows back immedietaly. So prepare to be shaving constantly.
on 26 December 2012
I bought this as an alternative to my other straight razor as it doesn't require honing & stropping. I have to say, it does take a bit of getting used to as the technique is slightly different with a shavette. I'm using it with Wilkinson Sword classic DE blades (broken in half lengthways) & I am finding that I'm getting a very clean, close shave. All in all, I'm very happy with it & look forward to my daily shave with it.
on 15 September 2012
Very good razor, feels nice to hold as it has a nice weight to it. Blades are easy to attach to this type and do not come loose.
on 17 June 2012
This shavette was my first foray into traditional shaving, and it is exactly what I wanted. By using razor blades it is incredibly sharp, and takes some skill and practice to use successfully. As a cheap start to Straight Edge shaving, I can't recommend a better product: good value, good build quality, cheap maintenance. Providing a shavette is what you are wanting, look no further.
on 23 July 2015
Buy this shavette if you wish to be a man. Within weeks of slicing open your skin you'll be ready to skin most wild animals and smell of man leather haha. Be careful though as this does need a massive learning curve to master the correct angle of shave. If you rush the shave you will have blood and cuts galore
on 23 April 2016
I used it on my ballsack and got a quality smooth shave like my dads balls before me. A truly quality shave that I would be proud to pass onto my son.
review image
on 4 November 2015
The handle is very thin metal so it feels more like pastic and the tang gets caught inside the handle when opening it.
I'm not going to talk about the quality of the shave because that depends on the blade and the technique, but the blade/blade holder feels solid and has some weight to it. My only problem with it is that the the surface you hold is smooth which isn't much of a problem if you hold it with a dry hand.
on 13 January 2013
This is a good peice of kit. It's well priced for a all metal razor and is good to use! I'm a lot happier using this than my last plastic one.