on 23 November 2012
At first I thought these were expensive for such small things, but when you get them (and especially when the kids get hold of them!) you see just how solidly well made they are. The Take n Play vehicles are the only Thomas products that I've seen that are really good quality.

We have Thomas wooden railway and Mega Bloks Thomas railways, and the Take n Play are definitely my favourite. The sets are well made too, and survive a great deal of misuse from our toddler without damage - and because every thing is so small and the sets fold up they're very easy to carry around.

Another nice touch is that the magnetic couplers work either way, there's none of this constant swapping ends to get things to couple up that you get with the wooden railway series.

If we were starting again, we probably wouldn't bother with the wooden railway, and definitely would give the Mega Bloks sets a miss. The Take n Play sets are all you really need for Thomas obsessed kids, especially if you're short of space and/or need to transport them back and forwards. You can connect two or more sets together with the extra track pack and end up with quite an interesting little layout which is easy to set up and dismantle and takes very little space when packed away.
One person found this helpful
on 15 March 2018
So good to find a great selection of take along trains and trucks on Amazon. So good for taking out and about to keep little people happily occupied! My grandson will love his new truck! Bright and attractive and very good quality. This item arrived in good time and well packed. Really happy with my purchase. Thank you!
on 17 May 2014
This toy is a joy. It's a welcome accessory to the Thomas and Friends Take N Play die-cast toys, particularly for connecting up with the diesel trains. The liquid inside sloshes around merrily, and the toy is robust and sturdy enough that you need never fear that it will leak. A great toy. My son loves it too.
One person found this helpful
on 4 February 2013
Bought for my son who is Thomas the Tank Engine mad. You can see the 'fuel' moving around inside and is fine for the take n play tracks as intended. Thought it was bit on the small side and over priced for what it is but seeing the joy on my sons face makes up for that.
on 18 May 2015
Another success. It actually had pretend oil sloshing around in it.
on 1 September 2013
A rake of these would look very impressive. They look good running behind any of the take n play engines and my grandson is fascinated by the moving liquid
on 1 April 2013
My 3 year old son love it. For him it is a petrol car. I am happy with the purchase.
on 4 December 2013
Yet again has been bought to add to my grandsons train collection so cannot review until he opens it at Christmas.