Customer reviews

Price:£8.98+ Free shipping

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 November 2011
Gordon was one of the original engines I remember from the 1980's tv series. He is a good quality die cast engine with a tender (coal carrying bit) attached by magnets. He also has magnets front and back so he can be joined to other engines or carriages etc to make a long train. He doesn't tend to be included as part of the take n play sets, I guess because he is larger and more expensive (they tend to include Thomas and Friends Take-n-Play Thomas or Thomas and Friends Take-n-Play Percy (as a result we have multiples of these), but he regularly features in the new animated version of the show, currently on channel 5. This makes him a good gift for a Thomas fan who has a take n play set.
on 5 May 2015
I bought this Thomas the tank toy for my 3 year old son who absolutely adores Thomas. The toy is very highly detailed and great quality. My son has played with it every day since it arrived. I would recommend for any little Thomas fan.
on 28 May 2015
Very disappointed with the new version of the Take and Play Thomas series. The new versions have considerably less detail than the original, quite charming, editions. I read Thomas the Tank Engine stories as a child, I read them to my children. I now read them to my grandchildren.
The engines were all different in shape, and all had their individual characters. Sadly, the current series all look much the same. The only difference being the colour.
on 17 September 2013
Bought to go with track sets. The 3 year old in question is Thomas the Tank Engine mad and loved it.
on 28 September 2015
This is a lovely rendition of Gordon, reasonably well detailed and very robust. Note that the more recent models has only 6 wheels and 4 in the tender - no where near as good in either quality or detail. If you can get the 10 wheel model do - it's very good.
on 6 May 2014
A large mainline express engine and one of the original characters from the Thomas the tank engine stories and so a must for every collection, along with Henry, James, Edward, Percy, Duck, Toby, Donald and Douglas as well as Thomas of course!
on 23 October 2014
I bought this at the request of my grandson. I found them difficult to get from the shops. Gordon is a firm favourite with him and he enjoys role play with the models, which are sturdy and a good representation of the originals.
on 22 February 2014
What can possibly be wrong with any of these engines? I just wish I could afford to buy it all for my grandchildren as they have hours of happy play with it, no matter what age, including Grandad.
on 10 July 2014
My 2 year old Grandson loves Thomas the tank engine and so he is gradually collecting all Thomas's friends. He will be very pleased with this addition. Delivery was fast and efficient.
on 13 October 2012
Another engine to add to the collection, making a longer train each time. Attached with magnets front and back. Great for boys and girls. Well made, bright colours - fun for all kids.