on 1 June 2012
My twenty month old son absolutely loves Toby. It's a well made product and a great size for those grabby little hands. I usually keep a couple of them in my bag should we go to a restaurant or be somewhere that my son needs to be kept busy. I have bought several of the take n play engines and would highly recommend.
on 12 September 2011
Toby the steam tram is a favourite from the original Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends series, he also features in the new version. It's a shame he doesn't come with his carriage, Henrietta though. He is a decent quality die cast model with magnets front and back so he can be joined up with other engines and carriages and makes a good addition to any take n play Thomas set.
on 14 March 2011
Perfect addition to my little boy's collection of Thomas trains...been well played with, and fits with the take and play sets.
on 23 November 2011
Another popular addition to an expanding 'Thomas' railway. The train is well crafted and seems to offer a really good possibility for durability. Well priced and promptly delivered.
on 30 September 2014
I made the mistake of buying him one of the take and play trains, Emily, and now he wants more to stick together and pull along, Toby is one of his favourites and he stands in front of the telly grinning like a loon when he is there, (we have about 8 Thomas dvds), and at 19 months old he can competantly play and carry them around with him. He has a couple of little track systems, the mountain track and a small piece where they just slide down, he will spend ages putting Toby and the top and letting him go down. I am sadly aware there are millions of these little toys to get along with a gazillion pieces of track, I am afriad my house is going to start to resemble Tidmouth sheds before too long! But what price happiness eh?
on 13 April 2015
The seller sent me a different Toby engine - not the one on the product photo (older version if these toys with smaller round magnets). It has much much less details and can be easily detached from coaches while playing (newer version like on the product photo have much stronger magnets). These ones are normally cheaper. However, my son was very excited to play with it so he did not let me return and refund.
review image
on 7 February 2013
Bought this toy for my two year old son who loves thomas the tank engine and collects the take n play range. I ordered Toby through amazon prime and he arrived the next day my son was thrilled and plays with it non stop absolutely no fault great addition to the ever growing collection .
on 2 May 2014
A stalwart character from the earliest days of the Rev Awdry books, well 1952 or so anyway. Based on a Great Eastern Railway J70, and in my mind is a must for inclusion on any Thomas branch line. He continues to make sporadic appearances in the video output.
on 4 February 2013
My son is thomas mad so he really liked this when he opened it on his birthday. Came well within estimated delivery dates. I personally think it is over priced but seeing my sons enjoyment makes up for it. Have already ordered some more trains!
on 7 August 2013
Two year old really loves this train. Very sturdy object- cute design too. Love the use of the magnets front And back. Great pull along. If you are struggling to choose a train go with this one- your kids won't be disappointed.