B. Fish & Splish

on 23 November 2017
First of all I must say that I absolutely love B Toys, and this one is one of the best toys I've bought for my daughter. The only minus is that there is no instruction leaflet included (other toys from the same company do have it). Also, the description doesn't mention all the features of this toy, which is a pity. I'll try to give a fuller description of this wonderful toy and address some of the issues raised by other reviewers.

Quality: It seems really well-made. The colours are bright and somewhat unusual for a toy. The plastic is not cheap-looking at all. On the contrary, the toy looks bright, durable and expensive.

Size: I would agree that it is rather big. We have a bigger-than-normal bath, but there are still not enough space for proper 'sailing'. On the other hand, the size is perfect for a toddler when played outside the bath.

Age: I feel that the children who are 12 months or below won't find it terribly engaging since they won't be able to catch the fish with the fishing rod. At least my 18 month-old daughter wasn't as excited about the fishing as her parents were.

Price: We bought it at a discount, and it doesn't seem expensive at all. Any other bath toy of the same type would cost £12-15. To pay £5 more and get this wonderful boat is worth it.

Features: 1 boat, 1 captain, 4 fish, 1 octopus-comb, 1 fish-nailbrush, 1 life preserver, 1 fishing rod, 3 stacking cups.

Now more about each of them.

The boat can be opened in two places. There is enough space to put everything inside (even the cups). However, there are special places on the boat itself for the rod, life preserver and captain. The cups can be put on top of the captain, and you'll get a pipe on your boat. There is also a roller at the back. When you spin it in one direction, it spins in the other by itself, making the boat move on water. There is an inconspicuous switch on it. I guess that might be the reason why some reviewers mentioned that the roller stopped working: they simply switched it off. Needless to say, the boat does float on water. It has two mirrors on the sides.

All four fish are of different colours. It is very exciting to catch them by their tails with the fishing rod. Also, the octopus and fish-nailbrush have hooks, so they can be caught as well.

If the captain happens to fall overboard, you can put a life preserver on him. He will then float on water. It's super-exciting for any toddler.

The cups can be used for stacking. Two of them have holes of different sizes and number, so it is fun to pour water in them. Brims should also be enjoyed by younger children who suffer from teething.

Overall, this is a seemingly simple, I would say, classic toy, but you can feel that the manufacturer has put a lot of thought into it. It has a lot of features, every small detail is taken care of. As a result, there are many ways in which this toy can be used: to play in the bath or swimming pool, or anywhere else where there is water; to play on the floor; to store things in it. You can catch fish, save the captain, stack cups, pour water in them, build a pipe for your boat, hide the captain inside, cook some fish soup in a cup, comb your hair, etc.

I highly recommend this toy to anyone who likes classic toys.
6 people found this helpful
on 16 September 2016
The boat itself is huge, has lots of cool parts and seems well made and robust for the most part. Unfortunately after only a few uses the propeller at the back has broke (just from turning it as your supposed to) which means it no longer propels itself through the water. Since that was the main thing that brought my son so much joy from it I'm pretty gutted to be honest. It's annoyed me that it's so expensive, was bought for his birthday and has broke so quickly.
One person found this helpful
on 22 April 2018
A lot of pieces, lots of different time occupiers, stacking, pouring, fishing, taking apart the boat or playing with it. The toys seem old and a bit off colour, like they are stock from 20 years ago that have been sitting around for years.
on 16 November 2016
This is the second time I have bought this boat as a birthday gift as the feedback from the first recipient was so positive! Again this bath toy was a hit. Both sets of parents have said that their sons have not stopped playing with it in and out of the bath. (Bought for my nephews for 2nd birthday gifts). Would buy again....and again...and again!!!
on 2 January 2018
Fantastic product.
Absolutely beautiful product, my sons favourite. Actually goes along in the water like an actual boat and the accessories are beautiful and cute. Much larger than I imagined which is a bonus too!
on 30 July 2016
My 13 month old absolutely loves this little fishing boat. There are so many different elements that keep him interested. Me and my husband also enjoyed trying to catch the fish! Although it is a bit pricey, I'd say it's worth every penny. I'll definitely be checking out the other toys this company has to offer.
on 14 December 2017
Absolutely gorgeous toy. The boat is quite big too. My 2 year old will absolutely love it for her bath time. Highly recommended. Good quality too 👍🏻
on 28 July 2017
Our granddaughter loves this set. As soon as she unwrapped the box she said "Oh, that's just what I wanted". It is beautifully made and lots of fun both in and out of the bath.
on 8 July 2016
My boys really love this toy. Bright coloured, lots of interactive features, solid. It would be 5 stars from my boys but from me, 3 stars because it has left horrible coloured scratch marks on our brand new bath that I can't get rid of!
on 15 February 2015
Brilliant bath time toy. My daughter absolutely loves it. All BPA free so safe for kids. Comes with loads of accessories and a motorised paddle wheel that you can wind up and make the boat sail around the well bath. Handy for storing other bathtoys in too. Highly recommend if your looking for a well made and educational bath toy. Suitable for 12 months to 3 yrs I'd say.
2 people found this helpful