Customer reviews

Neewer Lens Cap Holder for DSLR Camera

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 February 2016
Since I made the switch from point-and-shoot to the versatile Panasonic G7, far too often I've been close to loose the lens cap: in a hurry, I used to put it in my suit's or trousers' pocket, in my camera bag, on a chair... not the most efficient solution neither for me, nor the camera lense.
It used to drive me slightly mad when covering an event.

That's why I decided to give this Neewer Lens Cap Holder a go.

I LIKED
+ easy to install: basically, you just have to 1. remove the protective film on the adhesive-backed disc, 2. secure it on the front of the lense cap (no problem with a flat 'Lumix G cap'), 3. secure the elastic loop around the lense.
+ it works well with smallish lenses (perfect with my Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm) and for handeld shoots.
+ the elastic loop looks like it will last a while.
+ it's un-expensive enough to replace whenever needed.

I WISHED
- the strap was longer: this lens cap holder doesn't work well when the camera is on a tripod, especially at a sharp angle.
- the disc on the lense cap looked better: I am not a huge fan of the cheap white plastic circle.
- the item came as a pair for that price.

CONCLUSION
The Neewer Lens Cap Holder does the job: it's an excellent addition to my photog setup when I am on the go, shooting in the street or at an exhibition.

-I hope you will find my review useful-

TIPS
- please note that you can remove and re-attach the adhesive-backed disc several times: I could reposition it 3-4 times when I installed it for the first time and swapped lenses.
- I confirm that I didn't notice any marks after removing the Neewer cap holder on the Lumix lens caps I frequently use.
- I would remove it when shooting on a tripod.
- it looks like Neewer also sells a pack of 5 lens cap holders for only £3.50 including delivery... really?
Neewer 5X Lens Cap Keepers / Holders For Any Slr Or Dslr Camera! Nikon D40 D50 D60 D80 D200 D300 Fuji S1000 S1500 S2000 S700 S800 Canon Xs Xsi T1I Sony Pentax
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 August 2017
Great stuff. Saves you from losing lens cover every now and then.
Its neither too long nor too short, just the perfect size.
Easy to attach to the camera.
on 14 August 2017
The part that is supposed to stick to the lens cap last about a week before it fell off and wouldn't stick on again. Don't buy this item.
on 6 August 2017
Excellent and simplistic item that stops you losing your lens cap, don't know why they don't come as standard on all cameras ! Recommend it
on 3 September 2017
Useful
on 23 February 2014
This is a must if you're out and about with your camera. Never have to worry where I put my lens cap as it just hangs there. Going to buy some more for my other lenses. such a cheap price too.
on 2 October 2015
Does the job but not sure how long the adhesive pad will last
on 28 May 2017
Good but don't use the adhesive pad
on 11 April 2013
Does just what it says on the tin.

Items arrived quickly.

Would recommend for anyone looking for a lens cap keeper.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 September 2010
This is excellent and does exactly what you would expect.

Note however, that this is for a single item. You can buy 5 of the same item, from the same seller under this reference: 5x Lens Cap Keepers / Holders for ANY SLR or DSLR CAMERA! Nikon D40 D50 D60 D80 D200 D300 FUJI S1000 S1500 S2000 S700 S800 CANON XS XSi T1i SONY PENTAX

I would suggest you look at both and decide which one offers the best value for what you want. They are both the same keeper, exactly (I know, because I ordered both)