Size: 76 cm|Colour Name: Antique Black|Change

on 8 January 2014
I bought this bed to replace a duvet we used to have in the living room by the radiator that my dachshund rested on while not in her crate in which she sleeps at night.

Upon receipt of the Scruffs bed, it was evident that there is virtually no rigidity in the back, front or sides of the bed which didn't worry me. If anything I preferred the softer sides as I wondered whether my dog with her dumpy legs would struggle to get in and out with a rigid front lip on the bed, thankfully that's not an issue.

The bed feels comfy and soft enough which is confirmed by the amount of time that our dog spends in it. Whereas before when we left her alone in the house we would find her in her crate in the dining room when we got back, now she is always in the living room in the new Scruffs bed.

The only downside, if you can class it as a downside is the mystery zip on the front right of the bed which opens to reveal absolutely nothing with no free space behind.
review image review image
22 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2012
In the past I have tried many different dog beds and as I have to keep mine in my kitchen they have either ended up being too big or too hard to keep clean.

As soon as I put this dog bed in my kitchen my dog went straight in it she loves it! Its just a good size and everything zips off so it can be washed.
on 19 September 2012
Purchased two of these for border collies and the beds are too small - will be trying to return them. Be warned they are less substantial than the description leads one to believe.
on 20 January 2012
This dog bed is absolute quality. Made of a suede material the bed along with the inner cushion is all machine washable. its all very plush and posh - just what your pooch needs!
on 22 June 2012
Just received this bed today in good delivery time. The quality and look is great but the 76cm width advertised takes into account a hell of a lip either side and the base inside is only 66 inches at a push. When I opened it I automatically thought I had been sent the wrong size. Not big enough for my 8 month old lab pup so sadly it will have to go back. (5 stars had it been the size I was expecting!)
44 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2013
This is a good quality dog bed but it does NOT measure 61cm across; it's 46cm - 50cm at most... I carefully measured my existing dog bed, my dog and the medium sized 61cm bed sounded perfect but the bed that came has the measurements of the SMALL bed (46cm) so this was either mislabelled or mis-sold.
Anyway, it's a lovely bed and I really wanted it but I put it straight back in the packaging and am now in the middle of a protracted process of trying to swap it for the large size which seems to consist of waiting in again for a courier to pick up the original order and then wait again for another delivery of the large bed.
So, my tip, order a size bigger than you think you need as I only have a cocker spaniel but he would never fit in this handbag sized dog bed!
I will review the large bed when I eventually get it and hopefully give it more stars!!!
***Swapped this for the large which is perfect for my spaniel. It's just big enough and light to carry upstairs on the nights when he follows me up. It's lovely quality, super soft, sturdy sides for him to lean against or prop his chin on - it's just great. It could STILL do with being a few centimetres bigger but, hey, he likes being in it so I'm happy.
NB: The swap was SO easy... A courier can me at an allocated time and just took the old one away and the next day I had a card to go and collect the new larger one from the sorting office. Great service from the seller - really impressed.
on 13 August 2012
It's a nice basket, but too small! My cats hardly fit in, I think some guidance should be offered. Rather disappointing.
on 7 March 2015
In fact, on this first afternoon, he loves his new 46cm Scruffs Ranger Donut dog bed so much I can barely persuade him out of it!

(See uploaded photos to illustrate the following points.)

The plush mock-fur polyester lining is incredibly soft! Both the removable cushion and the bed walls are soft and comfortable with NO HARD, SUPPORTING INSERTS TO THE WALLS. The walls have enough rigidity to stay upright when empty and when my cat is curled up in the bed; yet they mould slightly around his back to keep it nice and warm. I think this is why he has glued himself to the bed on this cold winter afternoon! The wall would squash down, however, if he chose to lie on the wall itself.

The cushion, which has a just-snug fit in the bed, has a zip to remove its washable cover. It appears the bed itself must go in the washing machine in one piece; thus three pieces in all: bed walls, cushion and cushion cover. All parts are 100% polyester. [See photo]

Four stars not five because of my one criticism: the pointless diagonal zip on the front. This leads nowhere and has nothing inside it, yet it is a very well-made detail for no reason beyond style-over-substance. I would have been happier with a lesser price, eliminating this styling element, which only adds confusion when buying unseen, online.

NB: Contrary to one one-star review, the bed, once relaxed from its plastic bag packaging, is an oval shape which its cushion fits perfectly: neither too loose nor too tight.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 28 January 2013
far to small against description. had to return. quality was reasonable. I would not have purchased at full price,purchased when on offer. Had to return
on 20 May 2012
Have ordered a few dog beds for my 4 Westies in past months and this one was to complete the bedding investment !! It arrived yesterday stuffed into a plastic bag , folded in 3 and then tightly bound in an outer plastic wrap taped up with sellotape - for all the world it looked like a dead body the way it was packed LOL . !! My heart sank as I've seen some other reveiws with the same problem .Anyway once unwrapped and given a shake and plump up , kind of hoped it would return to its proper shape , it didnt .... tried all day with much effort to get it to stay "open" , but kept folding back in on itself !! The cushion is also too small and has about a 3 inch gap all the way round the edge, between outer and cushion . Not like the picture at all where the item looks sturdy and good quality with firm sides ..... they are in fact very soft and flimsy . The cushion is soft with fur on one side and on the other a horrid nylon type fabric that I could see being a hair trap for sure . ! Very disappointed indeed and have requested a return/refund .... think will start again .... Westies not happy .!!