on 18 January 2014
I absolutely adore this cuttlery set. Glad I ordered 4 packs.

The quality of the set is superb. They have a wonderful smooth nickel polished finish to them. They are a good size and fit very comfortabl in her my daughters hands. The knives and forks are sharp enough for her to cut and pick up her food but not sharp enough to cut herself. The knives are blunt on one side and the other side has a partially cerated edge which makes cutting food easier. It's impossible to teach a child to cut with knives that are blunt where as this does the trick perfectly.

When you are dining as a family this cuttlery set perfectly compliments the setting (I hate that plastic or cheap metal cuttlery look when you set the table). All edges of the set are rounded which gives a lovely gently finish. They are also a good weight, heavery than other childrens metal cuttlery.

We have washed the sets on numerous occassions and they haven't developed brown spotting (saying that we never put our cuttlery in the dishwasher so I haven't dishwasher tested these).

I didn't want a set with a charachter markings, although my daughter is only 2 her charachter preference changes regularly & I know she would refuse to use them/eat if she decided she didn't like the charachter at that moment (it happens). Feeding time is hard enough without added complications!

I would highly recommend these, they offer excellent quality for the price. Would recommend buying more than one.
on 26 July 2013
Very happy with these. Nice looking, solid. Was worried they'd be too small, but I think they're right for a child who's not quite ready for chunky adult cutlery.

Size-wise, a standard teaspoon is about halfway between the dessert spoon and the teaspoon included in this set.

Would recommend.
on 25 February 2012
this set is superb - the quality of each item is fantastic, looks like proper grown up cutlery - only smaller.

I bought 5 sets for the kids
on 28 June 2011
This set of cutlery is perfect for smaller hands. My 3 year old has been using these sets since the age of 1 and still gets on with them brilliantly.

They are
- very comfortable to hold and easy to use in terms of size and shape
- good weight (not too heavy / not too light)
- well made
- knives are sharp enough to cut through food but not fingers
- haven't gone rusty (so far)
- great quality, all edges are smooth (I've seen some reviews of other sets where they are reported to have sharp edges that dig into the child's fingers)

We've now bought more sets as my 1 year old has started using them too.

I like that they don't have characters on them too as it means we don't have a big stand off when something particuar is in the dishwasher like we have done over character bowls/plates!

My only complaint is they do seem a bit on the expensive side, however, I didn't find anything much cheaper that still seemed good quality.
on 23 November 2010
He loves being a big boy and using 'grown up' cutlery like Mummy and Daddy (without it being as big and unwieldy for him to handle)!
We've had this cutlery set for 6 months now - we got them as my little one (now 3) didn't want to use 'baby' forks any more. This is because, as any parent will tell you, little kids love to be seen as 'grown up' wherever possible. These look exactly like grown-up cutlery, only smaller.

The pieces are are well-made. They have a nice solid feel to them, without being too heavy. They have stood up well to repeated bashing, dropping, throwing and washing (they go in the dishwasher on a daily basis, and still look like new). They have now outlived several sets of plastic cutlery, so they are certainly a better option than plastic from both a financial and environmental standpoint.
on 9 February 2012
For under £4 this is a superb set of cutlery for little ones. I bought this for our 3yr old granddaughter who has out-grown her toddler cutlery. It is a perfect set of 'proper' cutlery but in a smaller form, and will make her feel very grown up. The knife is sharp enough to cut food, but not sharp enough to do any damage. The weight is perfect - not too light and not at all heavy for little hands, but still very solid indeed. Made from stainless steel, so should last for years. The spoons are just the right size and weight, the larger one ideal for deserts or soup, and the smaller one perfect for yogurts and even dippy-egg. Much better than adult-sized teaspoons which just seem that little bit too big for her. I can highly recommend this product, and am delighted with it. They'd be ideal even for adults to use perhaps as a desert fork or spoon for sauces etc, although I doubt my granddaughter will want to share them.
Great product and great price!
on 23 June 2016
Too sharp. Arrived with fork sticking through the padded envelope. I hope my postie didn't get stabbed like I did when I carelessly grabbed it out of the letter box! The fork prongs are sharp. Pricked my fingers so could easily puncture delicate mouth tissues.
The side edges are not rounded enough too. I don't even like them, let alone giving them to my toddler.
The metal is thick but the finishing not up to standard in my opinion.
Best to choose this item in person at a store. See it, feel it, check it for safety first.

My daughter likes the peppa pig set from asda.

Seller - please box these up properly or you might actually hurt somebody!!!
on 11 November 2015
Bought a couple of sets for my girls after we got fed up of the novelty sets you find in supermarkets.
The girls 4 & 2 favored these over the various bulky and un-ergonomic sets our drawers were full of.
on 30 October 2015
Really pleased with this cutlery. It's just the right size for my kids (2 & 5) who are just trying to learn to use a knife and fork properly. The full size adult cutlery is too big, but the kids/plastic items were too 'babyish' for them now. This cutlery is just right, coming somewhere between the two size wise. The stainless steel is nicely polished and is actually nicer quality than the rest of our cutlery. The weight is more than I expected, being very solid and well made with quite a lot of metal in each item. My only criticism is that the knives are quite sharp, so perhaps they are better suited to older children (around 3/4 and upwards?)