Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 31 August 2012
Super value, nice looking and reasonably durable. Not like wearing a dinner plate on your wrist, and smart enough for my fairly non-smart work.

I have had mine for a year or two now, and it has had a lot of wear. Although it does not need batteries, it will require some upkeep to restore the great new looks every few years.

The nice rubber strap lost the band loop a while back, and I used a rubber band instead. The "N.D. Depth" numbers also wore off, which I cared much less about - not useful for modern scuba diving, and especially not for pool swimming and paddling at beaches, which are pretty much the limit of my aqua activities (the bezel is used mostly for cooking and public transport rather than dive timing). Once I found an online source for replacement straps I bought two.

The bezel is showing some scratches, but works fine. Similarly the glass has a couple of small scratches. In another couple of years I will probably send it off to be serviced and pay to get these replaced.

Visibility of the luminous patches on the dial, hands and dot on the bezel lasts for a good six hours - practically all night.

Keeps accurate time, nice to wear and nice to use. Highly recommended, but bear in mind that if you use it as a tool it will gain the patina of that use - you'll be wanting a much more expensive titanium and sapphire watch to defer that.
on 27 December 2011
Had this over four years now and by far the best watch I have ever owned. Changed the strap to a metal bracelet type and its thin so not to look to chunky and keeps perfect time without ever needing a battery or winding. No cons whatsoever, wish I had another but that's just being greedy. * I wanted to add this - after ten years the solar cell has died making this watch useless, contact with Citizen for a repair they quote £60 to repair. Watches I paid half the money for are still going twenty years later just need the odd battery so I'm taking 4 stars off and revising my review. Don't buy it if you want a watch to last longer than ten years.
on 25 May 2011
This is an excellent watch for the price.I Am a watch collector and have many divers watches that are large and chunky,This is more a medium sized at 43 mil across, it is also slim.Having said that it is also tuff and thanks to no battery compartment 300m water resistant.It keeps perfect time and needs only to be in natural light for about an hour a day to keep it running well.The strap is soft and rubber and very comfy unlike other low grade plastic straps.To sum it up it is actually a serious divers watch but modestly understated.If you were after something more macho looking this is not for you.
on 20 April 2011
Previously had similar divers watch but did not last that long because it is an imitation.Now I'm happy with this new citizen eco drive.I dont have to worry that it will stop if I dont wear it for several hours.I'm tired of automatic and changing batteries all the time.Delivery is very fast and I'm very satisfied.I like the feel and touch of this time piece.
on 26 June 2012
I bought this as I didn't want to wear my Omega Seamaster for everyday use but still wanted a nice looking durable watch. On paper this fitted the bill
exactly but upon arrival I was even more impressed by its looks and feel.
The watch isn't huge like many divers watches and is fairly thin considering it is waterproof to 300m, so can be worn with normal shirt cuffs.
When it arrived it was totally without any charge in it, so needed to be placed in sunshine. It has a low charge warning system that manifests itself by the second hand moving in two second movements rather than the usual one second. Once it has reached a sufficient charge it reverts back to one second movements. Keep the crown pulled out when charging for the first time from empty.
I really am impressed with this watch. I think its excellent value for the money and it comes with a 5 year guarantee!
on 31 July 2013
All round great watch.
For me it needs to be tough, waterproof, not need winding or a battery replacement and keep perfect time + look good, feel comfortable & provoke diving conversation from people !
This watch ticks all those boxes :-)
It's smaller than my other dive watches but that is actually a good thing when you've worn it a while. The back & edges are smooth too unlike other dive watches & is very comfortable to wear. You can just forget its there until you need the time. Just dive in for a swim or dive anytime without a thought about the watch.
Timekeeping so far after 1week is perfect, hasn't gained or lost 1 second ! (Compared it with iPhone time).
on 19 August 2012
The watch is ideal on a medium wrist, the color blue is present in sunlight. The build quality is impeccable.
on 2 November 2013
I chose five stars as the buying experience was easy and problem free. The watch was exactly as advertised. It was a very competitive price for the type of watch it is. It arrived in good time and there were e-mails sent confirming the order and when the watch was dispatched. All in all, I'm very satisfied. The watch is lovely ! It's a real bonus that the watch never needs a battery or winding. If you like the 'Divers' style watch, not too big, (as actual, functional divers watches have to be), then this is a good choice. Its an attractive style timepiece that feels substantial, rugged, but yet equally as good to wear for work, or sports, and of course, swimming.
on 24 February 2012
very very nice looking watch ideal for everyday use within a few mins of sunlight the dials are glowing very very good quality very fast shipping too many thanks
on 18 December 2012
Although quite large it doesn't attract unwanted attention. I was lucky and had a couple of sunny days to really get some charge into it. Its very easy to see and even in the dark its the first watch I have had in many years, I can see without putting my glasses on. I'm not a diver and very seldom go swimming if I can help it. I just like to have an easy to read, solid built watch that I dont have to worry about getting wet. Even in the pouring rain on my motorbike, I dont have to bother about my watch. Its the perfect watch to set up, put it on and forget about it. I dont think the ND Limits will last very long on the strap, but I have never had to make decompression stops when getting out of the bath. I think for the price, Citizen are on a winner here.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse