on 2 April 2017
Great product
on 18 July 2017
Ok
on 11 January 2012
I got this adapter after my original adapter's sheath broke away. At first, it charged my battery pretty well. But after about a month, I started getting the message that my battery wasn't charging. Since I had just bought a charger, I assumed it was the battery. I bought a new battery, but I was still getting the message that it wasn't charging. I got it checked our and it was the BRAND NEW adapter that I had gotten. It was powering my computer but not charging the battery. So this new adapter, that cost over $20, lasted a measly month. Great.
on 25 October 2010
excellent product a third of the price i was told it was going to be by the shop that sold me the laptop. It also came within three days of ordering it!!!
on 13 October 2012
The main thing to know about this product is that the year warranty mentioned is not worth the paper it's printed on. I have had the product for just less than a year and it now no longer charges when it is plugged in. I contacted the seller to ask about a refund or a replacement, only to be told my warranty had expired, even though that was rubbish. All my attempts to contact the seller since have been met by a wall of silence. At this price, I understand the temptation to go for this much cheaper option as replacement battery's from Dell are scandalously pricey. I only hope if you do, that you have better luck than me and don't find yourself in a similar position where the only course of possible action left to me is to report the seller to the Trading Standards Agency.
on 11 August 2011
Original genuine Dell charger at a great price & delivered quick. Works as it should to replace my old charger adaptor that was having problems recharging the battery. Excellent product & service from PC247 again.
on 19 September 2012
I bought this product as a replacement charger for my dell inspiron 1545, as both my charger AND battery were on their way out. I bought this thinking it was a bargain, but 5 months later and the plastic sleeve surrounding all the internal cables started to pull away from the plug top, so you could see the wires, as the cahrger is shorter than the original which came with the laptop. Although my dad did glue gun the sleve back in its proper place and eventually he replaced the plug top to make to stop the wires from being exposed (not really recommended, but he's a fully qualified electrician with 30+ years experience), the charger completely shorted out 2 weeks later, so now I'm left with no charger. I'd say pay that little bit extra for a better quality one. ALso, the connector which plugs into the laptop is a different shape to the original. The original is round whereas this one is octagonal. I know this review may be a bit all over the place and what not, but its my personal experience with the product and I'd like to share it with people so they can make up their own mind
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 January 2012
My pc was not charging properly and a friend advised that the cable needed replacing as this is a common problem with the battery charge lead after a while the battery does not hold the charge. My friend said it will cost me about £50 at PC World to obtain a replacement lead.

I found this steep and seriously considered replacing the laptop - if I was going to spend that amount of money, I would rather put that amount towards a new pc as mine is about 3 years old.

However, having researched what the alternatives were, I noticed that a seller on Amazon was offering the lead for under £10. Of course I was suspicious that it might not be the right product or fit for purpose, but decided to gamble rather than be ripped off by PC World( free delivery was the clincher - did not need to leave the house!)

I am pleased I did make that choice as the cable has been the solution to the problem and is charging the battery again.

How can PC World justify the cost of a replacement cable, 5 times the cost that another supplier can offer? Daylight robbery.....
on 2 November 2010
I had to buy a new charger adaptor for my laptop as i broke the mine. The item i ordered arrived very quick as mine on tour in Cypurs and the item had to go throught my work place in Germany to get to me. I will be using this service again soon. Many thank
on 14 September 2012
I've bought this product once before, believing its probably a dell product as it holds all the dell logos etc ... and the previous one ... quite literally ... blew up ... naively i hoped that it was a power surge in my power line and blew it up ... so bought another ... and now after a little while of it barely working to charge my laptop it has finally stopped altogether ... I was drawn to this product because of the price and that Dell sell theirs for a stupid price tag ...
I had to put a star on this product but it really doesn't deserve that.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AVOID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!