on 14 March 2017
Feels slightly flimsy but has lasted me two long haul trips so far. Really handy to have to use your own headphones in-flight.
on 27 April 2014
Tried out two of these on long-haul flights with KLM Boeing 777 and Air France Airbus A340. Both worked flawlessly and in combination with my Ipod earphones gave me vastly superior audio than the free headphones supplied by both airlines. In fact the audio quality was so much better that even when volume level was at "minimum" it was quite loud, while with the airline headphones no sound could be heard at all. For the price I give five stars. However as other reviewers have commented the build is rather flimsy and I don't know how long they will survive. Mine survived several insertions into the seat jacks. But handle with care!
on 19 August 2013
Always have trouble hearing through air line economy head sets so bought some of these adapters for myself and family. They all worked perfectly with our own earphones and so quality of sound was much better and therefore flight went by much quicker watching the films.
on 1 December 2015
As an audio enthusiastic, I hate using the headphones they provide on the plane (Economy Class of course), and by default, not able to plug in our own headphones on the plane. Now I can enjoy using my own headphones on the plane. These adapters are the way to go. Includes two, (gave one to my girl). They are gold contact (although I doubt at normal usage, the gold plate even matters) but otherwise a nice addition. The 3.5mm for your own headphones fits in nice and tight with no audio loss. Good quality products.
on 2 November 2014
Prompt Delivery so most satisfied.....however, while it does say that it works with most airlines, it DOES NOT work with British Airways.
BA jack points are actually of different sizes, with one pin being smaller and thinner than the other. These are both the same size.

So...useful to have so long as you know your airline, but given the price it's not exactly much of a risk to buy them and carry just in case.
on 2 April 2014
These were a real bargain compared to other sites, possibly won't be used that much but will always be handy to have
on 4 July 2015
I first noticed something similar being used by a couple of passengers on a recent long haul flight.
I tried to watch movies on the plane but the free earphones provide were awful.
I now look forward to better sound quality in future as I can plug these into the aircraft socket and use my own earphones.
Also because they come with adapters you can choose to use either small or large headphones.
on 4 February 2016
They work fine and do the job.... only the last two airlines I flew had their own sockets for 'sound cancellation' and another used single port socket. So, they are good to keep in the bag, but I guess they might be getting slowly phased out by airlines or something?
At this price though, not an issue in order to make sure that I can use my headphones on every flight.
on 29 November 2015
I received it, took it on a 777 to Dubai with BA and had to find out it doesn't fit...!
on 29 June 2015
They arrived quickly and they work. I was worried I might get a dudd one after reading some of the reviews and I wouldn't realise until I was on the plane - but you can test them using your mobile and a pair of headphones, as hopefully your phone will be thin enough to allow you to plug in one prong at a time and see if you get sound.