on 23 May 2012
Oh my god, this is the best version of the chipmunks' adoption story.

Like in the cartoon, Dave is struggling to write a hit song and the boys are
living in the wild. When they meet, it's a little rocky at first.

And when Dave expresses concern at "Where are your parents?", Simon and Alvin reassure him after chipmunks are a week born your parents leave you to fend for yourself. And, basically by testing their limits Alvin, Simon and Theo are helping
Dave learn how to love unconditionally. The funny part was when Alvin is taking a shower in the dishwasher and says "Uh I'm waiting for the rinse cycle." LOL
on 25 May 2010
When I ordered this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect. The reviews on Amazon were good, but generally the film had been panned by critics as one of the worst films of 2007, despite it's major financial success. Bah, just shows how much the critics know!

I finally got the chance to see this film the other night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Fun, cute, inoffensive and pure family entertainment. (OK, a couple of bathroom jokes, but they were not taken to any extremes)
There was humour where it applied in the movie, but also some moments of emotion - such as when Theodore had a nightmare and Dave let him stay with him for the night.
To be honest, the only problem I might have with the movie is that the "boys" were sometimes hard to understand with their squeaky voices... still, the actors enunciated their lines pretty well, so generally this wasn't a problem.
Anyway, long and short of it is that this movie is unjustly underrated and definitely worth the watch.
on 6 February 2016
SPOILERS:
Review from 5 year old Arran: "it was good, I liked the fact how they were talking Chipmunks and they were in a tree but it was sad that their tree was cut down and it was amazing at the end how the Chipmunks in the cage weren't real they were just toys and they were speaking Spanish. It was funny how that man shouted "ALVINNNN". Instead of a tree the ended up in Dave's house. So it was happy at the end. I give it 5 stars."
on 29 August 2013
Was bought for kids to watch as they love these type of films.
Was really good to watch with family and to have to watch whenever we choose is good to.
Have recommended to friends and family
4 people found this helpful
on 2 September 2011
This is an excellent film for both children and adults alike. Good storyline, that's if you believe in talking and singing chipmunks, Don't we all? Probably a true reflection of the music industry today, a nobody discovers a group, gets them together and nurtures them, only for a corporate big wig to hear a track, sign them and then try and rip them off and steal all the glory for himself. Naturally, he gets his come uppance.
on 22 May 2018
My children loved it when I brought it
on 15 May 2017
Myt niece loves this
on 27 February 2018
Grandson loved it
on 15 March 2018
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 19 April 2018