Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 3 January 2014
I loved this film and as a teacher I also put it for my students especially in Spanish and they always enjoy it too.
on 7 January 2013
When I first saw the trailer to Alvin & the Chipmunks, I was horrified, I grew up with the chipmunks cartoon in the 70's and 80's. But after thinking about it, the chipmunks have been around since the 50's, my generation's chipmunks were a new introduction to us as well as this movie is to the kids of 2007. There are flaws here and there about the film, but it was meant for the kids, you have to admit. But the voices and characters are cute and the story works. It's a new story to the chipmunk's tale and adventures.

Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, three singing, talking, and dancing chipmunks have just got their home (a tree, naturally) torn down and they are taken into the city. They jump into a basket being carried by Dave, a failing song writer, and they go home with him. He first shoves them off, but after hearing their singing, he comes up with the idea to write songs for them and see where it goes. They are a success and everything seems to be going very well for them. But until the music business takes advantage of them and tears their family apart, they realise that Dave is really who they need.

Alvin and the Chipmunks of course is not the movie of the year, but for a kid's movie, it was very cute. Judging from my generation of Alvin, Simon, and Theodore, yeah, it was strange seeing them through what this generation considers cute and fun was a bit silly to me. I wished that they would've focused more on the building of the relationship between Dave and the boys. If you're just looking for innocent fun and a cute family flick, I think you might enjoy Alvin and the Chipmunks.
on 28 March 2008
I watched it with my two girls they loved it so did I if I am honest it was good around entertainment that is brillant for the kids and family. Plenty of laughs the story was easy to follow and some good backing tracks well worth a view and it keeps the children happy for an hour or so you can't get alot better than that.
on 19 January 2011
I'm a 30-something with no kids so didn't think I would enjoy this film but boy was I wrong. It's very funny, has some great music, is moving and has a happy ending - what more could you ask for? I've now watched it dozens of times and I never seem to tire of it. For anyone like me who used to watch the Chipmunks cartoon as a kid, it's the story of how the Chipmunks met Dave. Some of the scenes are just so cute and funny - you've really got to watch what the Chipmunks are doing in the background sometimes and some of the subtler aspects I only got after watching it a second time. Excellent film, especially great to watch on Christmas eve.
on 4 May 2008
I watched this movie with my kids with some trepidation. I almost passed it by in the shop because I just thought "Oh no. Chip 'n Dale!" but both kids put their foot down and I was forced into a purchase :) I need not have worried for this is a film full of fun for adults and children alike. A thoroughly enjoyable time which found all of us laughing out loud from start to finish!

Fantastic picture quality on this Blu-Ray version and great 5.1 DTS HD Master audio fills the room with the music.

I can't wait for the second showing next weekend :)
on 21 March 2010
I bought this for when the grandchildren came to see me but as there was very little to watch on tv last night I played it and at the age of 67 I was a child again!
on 2 September 2011
This is an excellent film for both children and adults alike. Good storyline, that's if you believe in talking and singing chipmunks, Don't we all? Probably a true reflection of the music industry today, a nobody discovers a group, gets them together and nurtures them, only for a corporate big wig to hear a track, sign them and then try and rip them off and steal all the glory for himself. Naturally, he gets his come uppance.
on 18 August 2013
I bought this DVD for my kids and they love it. They have watched it several times since it arrived. I will recommend it for kid.
on 13 April 2008
After the recent spate of films for kids which contain adult humour too, it is strangely refreshing to view one which is unadulterated small child level. It does have 'cute' value, but for many the high pitched vocals may be slightly stressful. I'm afraid I was pushed to the edge by the mice in 'Babe', and they only clocked up 3 minutes screentime - so this was deeply traumatising!!
The story is basic; fate matches up troubled, unlucky guy with singing chipmunks - fame and fortune follow - unscrupulous record exec tries to spoil the relationship.
My six year old was transfixed for most of the film, although she seemed to lose interest toward the end.
Definately a weekend film for when you want 82 minutes to youself.
The kids will LOVE it.
on 10 March 2013
We brought this dvd because we could not find it eny where else and we brought the chipwrecked one as well but when they arrived we only got one of them and we thought that the other one would come later on so about 2 days later we got a nother pack and we expected only one dvd but we got tow alvin and he chipmunks and one chipwrecked.