on 27 March 2017
I love it, it's exactly what I wanted. Description is exactly what you get, it looks and feels exactly as I was hoping.
on 31 January 2013
Arrived safely and well boxed and protected. Size guidelines worked well even though choices only small, medium or large. Great hat!
on 26 January 2011
i got this hat for my trip to cyprus and it was great, not only does it look like indys hat but it stops the sun and dosnt get too hot under it. its a very cool hat and im glad i got one.
on 28 May 2014
I wore this hat around Manchester for a few weeks before coming to France for work to feel the fit and it was superb.
Having now wore it in France for 9 weeks in some of the worst wet weather it is fabulous it does what it says. After many a full day in torrential rain my head was still warm and dry even though the hat at the end of the day became heavy I did not notice until I took it off. It retained its shape and dried out over night. Also on entering many a local French pub it became a talking point and broke the ice with the locals. I think you have to be older like myself to carry it off but it is a wonderful hat. and in the sun its just great.
For me this was a great buy.
on 18 April 2011
I looked at various sites but most Indiana Jones Hats looked of an inferior quality I wanted it to last, so back to Village Hats.
1st class service from Village Hats can't fault product, delivery, packaging.
I will be using Village Hats again, and again.
on 13 November 2013
I like the hat, though I have to warn any potential buyers, it is likely that the brim on the sides will be turned upwards as in a cowboy hat, which, for me is not what I want. But a bit of ironing should do the trick, still, I'll contact the manufacturer and ask for advice.
The wool is good and the colour is a nice dark brown (not exactly sable). Unlike the Indiana Jones hat, this one has a lined brim, which takes away some of "classical" feel.
There might be some hats that are closer to the real thing, but if you're like me and you are actually going into the field with this, a waterproof, crushable wool felt hat is still a better option. It fits nicely (I'm a medium) and I can already see myself wearing this hat both under the blazing sun of summer or in a cold winter morning.
Also, it arrived one day earlier than the expected date, so I have no complaints on that matter.
All in all I am satisfied though not ecstactic.
on 16 August 2015
Not exactly the same as Indi's,the brim is a little wider,but overall it's a great hat,i'm not sure that the younger guys could get away with it but at 46 i am enjoying the attention it has afforded me with more than a few admiring glances from the ladies.
on 29 November 2013
I receive admirable glances not only from the girls not only because I look like a dark and handsome Dr Jones, but the boys are finding me a challenge.
on 30 January 2012
Very good quality and excellent value, it arrived within a couple of days even though it was just before Xmas. My husband is very pleased with it.
on 20 August 2016
I Love it the hat looks great with the brown poncho I bought at the same time. It's a perfect fit and came on time. I will buy more hats for my granddaughter's this winter. Buy it if your into this kind of dressing. I have always been a person who wears what I Like . Now use my Amazon account and the links from them. I have never been disappointed yet. Thanks, Patricia Welsh CSX