on 5 August 2013
[Note to the Editor: I managed to confuse the EX-PRO for my NIKON with the EX-PRO bought for my wife's PANASONIC.
I am sure you can change that Headline to "PANASONIC"]
Both EX-PRO batteries are perfectly effective - so far, their performance has been indistinguishable from the original NIKON
and PANASONIC batteries. The EX-PRO for the Nikon is better, since it is charged in a separate charger, whereas the original Nikon battery has to be charged in the camera - which is a nuisance, since the camera cannot be used while the
battery is charging. I ordered two EX-PRO batteries, so I now have three batteries and the confidence of knowing that it is
extremely unlikely that I shall ever be without power.
3 people found this helpful
on 15 October 2017
Low capacity don't last very long poor value for money. Have purchased the Ex-Pro Ultra White as a replacement and they are much better.
on 13 June 2017
The battery is ok as an extra battery, but be aware that this battery is 100ma lower than the battery deleveret with your NIKON a900. I bought 2 battery's more with 1150ma. It is 100 ma higher than 1050ma, and not lower. The 2 battery's 1150 came with an digital charger, wich I can rekomand. Erik
on 5 October 2011
Very good cost effective product. Works perfectly after charging with the ex-pro charger reviewed separately. A lot cheaper battery than original nikon. Takes and retains charge well with no immediate issues. Camera, battery and charger taken to Dubai recently and performed well in 42 degrees celcius and high humidity.
5 people found this helpful
on 31 October 2012
What can I say about this? I bought it as a spare for my Nikon COOLPIX S8200 Compact, charged it up and started taking pictures. Now, some 100 shots later, it doesn't seem to have lost any charge at all. Perhaps I have discovered the electronic equivalent of the perpetual motion machine? In any event, this beats anything powered by AA batteries, that's for sure.
on 11 March 2013
The construction of lithium camera batteries does not inspire confidence. Battery comes with what appears to be an adhesive label applied. I removed it and only then realised it was holding the battery assembly in place! I have checked the original Nikon battery and even this is constructed in similar fashion. Considering its modest relative cost, however, it is a reasonable, functional buy.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2013
I've only had this battery for a couple of months but in this time it seems to perform as well as the Nikon original at a fraction of the cost. I can't say that I've noticed any differences and this confirms my suspicions that manufacturers make excessive profits on branded accessories such as batteries. Two year warranty so you're covered against early failure, something you won't get from Nikon etc.
on 6 January 2015
Seems a good buy for less than £5 delivered, charged it up and it tested fine, fits my S9600 ok. Only time will tell, but nice to have a 24 month warranty to fall back on, if needed.
on 1 February 2013
This one is fine. I suspect it does not hold its power as long as other batteries of this ilk. But, it arrived quickly when I needed it. Charges up fine and I can take a couple of hundred pix between charges, subject to frame quality/pixel size. So it is good value for money.
2 people found this helpful