Customer reviews

on 5 November 2016
Does exactly what you want it to do. Amazing how much rubbish the first use pulled from the bottom of my tank.

UPDATE: The on-off button stopped working within a few days and the thing works only when it feels like it. The collecting bag split within 3 uses. Would not recommend this to anyone.
on 11 March 2017
Didn't work properly at all, wouldn't waste your money.
on 28 July 2017
perfect easy to use without disturbing the fish too much
on 6 July 2013
I CHOSE THIS ITEM BECAUSE I NEEDED TO CLEAN THE GRAVEL IN A VERY WELL PLANTED FISH TANK AND DID NOT WANT TO DISTURBE THE PLANTS,
WHEN WORKING IT DID A VERY GOOD JOB, HOWEVER THE GRAVEL IN THE TANK WAS LARGER THAN TYPICAL AQUARIUM GRAVEL.THE GRAVEL BEING LARGER, I HOPED THAT IT WOULD NOT BE SUCKED UP INTO THE PUMP WORKINGS, A PROBLEM THAT I HAD SEEN REPORTED. MY IDEA PROVED TO BE CORRECT.
THE PROBLEMS THAT THE MAKER NEEDS TO ATTEND TO ARE AS FOLLOWS:-
1) THE FILTER BAG IS TOO SMALL, AND LETS THE FINE SILT RETURN TO THE TANK. I HAVE REMOVED THE BAG AND REPLACED IT WITH A LENGTH OF NON KINK HOSE, ALLOWING ME TO PASS THE CONTAMINATED WATER INTO A WIRE SIEVE FILED WITH FILTER WOOL, BUT AT A PINCH A SOFT COTTONDISH CLOTH WORKS QUITE WELL ALSO, I HAVE ALSO THOUGHT OF USING A MIXTURE OF FINE AND MEDIUM GRAIN SAND, BUT NOT TRIED IT YET.
2)THE PUSH FIT CONNECTOR FOR THE LOWER HALF OF THE EXTRACT TUBE IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH, AND THE TWO HALVES BECOME UNATTATCHED QUITE EASILY.
3) THE PUMP CAN BE STOPPED WHEN /IF LEAF LITTER IS SUCKED UP SO AN INTERMEDIANT FILTER WOULD HELP.
4) CONNECTING THE TWO PLASTIC TUBES AND GETTING A GOOD TIGHT SEAL IS DIFFICULT WITH THE ITEMS SUPPLIED. I HAVE REPLACED THESE WITH SMALL JUBILEE CLIPS
APART FROM THE MENTIONED SHORTCOMMINGS THE "SUPERFISH AQUA VAC", DOES REMOVE A GREAT DEAL OF THE DETRITOUS THAT MOST TANKS SUFFER FROM, AND THOSE WITH TANKS THAT ARE NOT WELL PLANTED THIS ITEM SHOULD SERVE THE PURPOSE.
on 19 April 2013
I had my doubts about this, mainly due to the low price.

I've had a motorised aquarium vac before and it had been rubbish despite costing £40 odd. However I'm glad I gave this cheepie a go. It takes heavier duty batteries than some competitors and has far more grunt than you'd think just looking at it. (Batteries are LR14's - not included and most people won;t have these so buy some when you order. Rechargeables are not too expensive and I got Duracell's from Amazon that charged up in about 5 hours out of the packet).

I still can;t quite believe how powerful the suction is...unexpectedly so. In fact its almost too good. If you have sand it'll hoover that up too along with all the organic rubbish you actually want to pick up, resulting in a bag full of sand every 60 seconds or so. Would work fine on small gravel though. Easy to empty out the bag but they seem fragile so a couple of spares bought at the time of purchase seemed a sensible insurance policy.

Hardly takes any time to clean out our 100 litre tank, doesn't disturb the fish too much and removes a lot of muck. A brilliant little product. I'm pleasantly surprised. delivery was quick too.
on 25 May 2013
First few attempts to use this were frustrating, inneffective and bordering on disastrous - it alternated between having no suction at all and sucking up a huge amount of gravel rendering it useless.

Perseverance is all however and after a (fair bit) of trial and error it turns out to be a hugely effective piece of kit at a great price which has cut the cleaning time of my tank down by at least 3/4s.

The item itself is sturdy but the little bag it collects the dirt in is flimsy and tricky to remove and refit, also its bigger than I thought it would be - if you have a small tank this ain't for you.

The instructions are virtually non existent so you're gonna need a bit of the aforementioned trial and error to get it working fully effectively but providing you don't mind that - and a bit of initial frustration - its highly recommended.
on 16 February 2013
this is the only one that works I've tried them all this one does what it says highly recommend this one as for the seller no problem at all would definitely recommend them have had other items from them before and have never had any problems top dog
on 23 January 2014
Update: after about a month (and about only 4 quick uses) it stopped working completely.

Delivery was quick. I was worried at first by the size, but the extra pieces of pipe were perfect to get the depth I needed. It's stronger than I thought for moving water, but vacuming up dirt is a bit trickier and takes a lot longer.
It also seems a bit temperamental and will randomly turn on and off, even when at exact spec for depth. A few shakes up and down in the water and it comes back.
on 13 June 2014
I have a plec and he produces a lot of poop on the floor of the tank so it never looks particularly nice on the floor.. A manual vacuum was just too big to get around all the plants and rocks in my tank so it was really hard to clear it all up.

I knew these existed but was a bit unsure of them having seen the reviews but I decided to take a punt and see what it was like. I've used it twice so far and as of now I am quite impressed at how easily it sucks up the mess into the little bag, The first time I did suck up a lot of my gravel because the gravel I use is very small lightweight stuff however the 2nd time i managed to get used to techniques of using it and didn't vacuum any up!

My only two concerns with it
1) The on/off switch seems very flimsy and may break after excessive use but then again it may not.
2) The little bag you get seems like it won't last long before it rips and is very hard to get over the black plastic bit you need to put it over but I guess they want a way of making money after they've sold the AquaVac.

Overall I am quite happy with the purchase so far and my tank looks and probably is functioning better without the plec poop all over the floor!!
on 28 February 2014
This item fell to pieces after one use .Certainly would not buy this item if I had known about it's poor quality.
Will not be recommending to anyone I know.