on 17 December 2009
An excellent festive accompaniment to The Lancashire Hotpots' collection. This release also has 12 Karaoke tracks of some of their best song for you to sing to, perfect for mp3+g karaoke players. Don't forget about Jesus Christ guys, Hhhhh!
on 11 July 2011
The appeal of this album hit me almost immediately and things like that tend to worry me, as what often happens is I go off them all too soon afterwards! I sincerely hope this doesn't happen with this gem of an album, as it really is a joy to listen to, from start to finish. Probably on a par with, or possibly slightly better than Never Mind The Hotpots, and definitely more consistently good than Pot Sounds (even though that is also very good obviously), this album contains so many of my now favourite Hotpot's songs. Phew, What A Scorcher ('It's hotter in Morecambe than it is in Majorca!'), It's Cliff-mas Time and Santa Eckerslike are all incredibly catchy and standout tracks, but my favourites have to be the Wham - Last Christmas parody Gaviscon Christmas (complete with some hilarious lines about eating and drinking way too much at Christmas, including 24 cans of ale before the Queen's speech even!), The Trafford Centre (which conjures up images of last minute panic Christmas shopping and features a very tuneful folk melody which sounds very like something I've heard before . . . but I can't quite put my finger on it!), and then the final 'proper' song Carry You Home, which to me sounds very like Show Of Hands, and is actually removed from the general 'humorous' feel of the rest of the album in that it is quite a heartfelt and poignant little song to finish proceedings. This, for me, works very well. I must admit, I was sceptical at first about the 12 Karaoke songs including on this disc, but I gave it a listen and it's a very welcome addition. Jolly fun too!!

As a fan of other (slightly) similar bands such as Half Man Half Biscuit, I would say The Lancashire Hotpots stand out and are the most 'fun' to listen to. Whereas HMHB tend to occasionally lean towards the wrong side of cynisism (whilst still being very witty, intelligent and often funny), The Hotpots keep things much more enjoyable, and in many ways simple, whilst still delivering some witty and memorable lines, together with some very good tunes.

This album is a must have for fans of The Hotpots, and also would appeal to many other people too (with a sense of humour). I am a serious music fan, and while this is laugh out loud funny, it is also for me a really good album musically. Buy it, it will make you happy!
on 2 December 2009
Great Christmas album that isn't too festive so should be able to listen to it all year round. Happy Non-Denomination Winter Festival Celebration, Gaviscon Christmas and The Trafford Centre are my personal favourites.
on 27 July 2013
Forget about Nat King Cole this Christmas, this one's a cracker!
Once you've given this a listen there's also a karaoke album too. One for after the pub
on 8 July 2010
Another batch of silly ditties, to many repeats of earlier issues.
Would still recommend to newcomers.
on 10 February 2014
So pleased with this album. Made me chuckle and gave me something different to play on Christmas day! Love the Hotpots anyway!!
on 20 November 2014
Good Fun - makes a nice change from normal christmas music
on 1 July 2014