on 30 May 2011
I bought this scanner to scan a lot of documents, to replace my flatbed scanner.

I tried the Canon scanner on both MacBook Pro and desktop PC, and the performance was very good, even with a single USB connection (I haven't had to use two cables). Note however that this is a Mac version and PC version of the scanner (letter after the number): the embedded software (mounting when connecting via USB) is different, not sure why they couldn't put both versions. However, if you are going to install the full software on your computer (preferable, since more options), then you can buy either version.

In grey scale, at 200dpi, the scanner can easily do 10 pages per minute. In Colour mode, at 300dpi, the scanner works probably at half that speed. Still much quicker than using a flatbed scanner, page by page.

The Canon software is easy to use, and can be configured to do duplex scanning, with blank pages detection. OCR works very well, so the text scanned is searchable within the PDF file, or with the Mac OS search.

I rarely have issue with the scanner not feeding individual pages. It has happened maybe 5 times, on 500 pages scanned, and the paper was usually very thin, and hard to separate manually. People who complain probably didn't install the separation pad.

It may be expensive, but if you are going to scan hundreds of A4 documents, well worth it.
on 17 February 2012
Great quality scans from a small scanner. Multiple page scans work a treat. Software easy to install and set up. Runs well on my MAC.
on 18 February 2012
Works right out of the box! Coupled with Evernote, I have gone completely paperless. Super easy to scan. Portable and sleek!
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
WHen I took this scanner out of the box I was a bit dubious that it would achieve anything like my multi-function printer/scanner. I wasn't encouraged by the fiddly bit you had to install.

However, less than 5 minutes later, my computer had recognised it and I had launched the little application on the CD. 30 seconds later I was looking at 10 photo scans on my windows 7 computer.

So I tried with a stack of A4 invoices. Another 30 seconds at 200 dpi and they were ready for deep storage and available in PDF format on my computer.

One thing I was a bit concerned about was that the scanner refused to appear as a scanner. However, by flicking a small switch on the back, it behaves like a regular scanner and can be accessed by any 3rd party application.

This is possibly the best piece of kit I have had the pleasure to use in a long long time. It works. Better than that, it works extremely well and is small enough to carry around in a briefcase should the fancy take you.
on 26 July 2011
It took me less than 20 minutes from the package being delivered to scanning my first page. It is so simple and straight forward to use. So easy to switch between scanning options, black & white, double sided etc and so damn quick. This should reduce the paper mountains in my home office dramatically.

Very very impressed and glad I spent the money on it.
on 12 January 2012
this is a small machine with huge abilities. It does everything it promises and more. Only downside is that it would have been nice if the package included a power supply. Using two USB ports is fine for the home user or small office, but the extra promised speed might make it a greater machine,
on 28 August 2011
I have been searching for a scanner for long time. This is exactly what i needed. The best feature of this scanner is dual side scanning (simultaneously !!!)

Great feature
- USB powered; no additional external power supply needed ! makes it really portable
- easy to use software
- compact design
on 20 July 2011
This scanner is excellent, very small but big on features. The software is not the best, but it works and is ok. The one pass double sided scanning is amazing. Well worth the money.
on 16 July 2013
The software that comes with this is very good, and works perfectly on mac. Every scan turns straight into a PDF and the scans are really good quality. Would definitely recommend.
on 20 October 2011
Tiny, fast, an absolute snap to use and it scans both sides at once. Spits out PDF. Amazing. A must have if you want the paperless office.