Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 22 March 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These speakers arrived today through the amazon vine programme and I have been using them this afternoon. First impressions, they are an outstanding piece of kit. Firstly they look stylish and are easy to set up. Aesthetics out of the way, are they any good as speakers. I would say an unreserved YES. I have found them to be extremely clear, and with no annoying buzz which seems to plague many other speakers when used with an IPOD. I am now on my third set of speakers so I know what I am talking about. They are slightly heavy but still fold up to a decent size and come with a very nice travel case. They also feel solid, and strong, unlike some other travel speakers. They sit solidly on the surface and do not feel plasticky. They also come with both british and European plugs which I thought was a nice extra touch. I cannot fault these speakers and would recommend them 100%. I would advise anyone to buy these over others.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a set of travel speakers designed primarily for use with an iPod, which sits squarely in the middle of the thing, charging up as it plays all your tracks out loud to you. It also has an LCD display for the time. It does NOT have a radio. It comes with a nice carrying pouch.

But it can also function as a speaker set for any other make of MP3 player as well - although for some reason Memorex don't tell you this. There is an input socket at the back which allows an auxiliary device to play through the speakers too. The problem is that Memorex don't supply the lead (even though they are ridiculously cheap, being nothing more than a small headphone pin at both ends, easily available on Amazon). Admittedly the empty space where the iPod would have been sitting looks a bit odd, but it can be used by those of us who don't have Apple products then. But if the lead was included, it would mean that they could be used as laptop speakers too, for instance: 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M

What about the build quality? It's completely plastic, with a nice appearance but a cheap feel. It's a very light unit - something that will be seen as a good thing by some, although it's never a great sign for a pair of speakers to be too light as it tends to indicate a lack of quality in sound, which unfortunately proves to be the case here, too. The trebles are thin and lack definition, while the bass (if you can call it that) is anaemic and shallow, almost non-existant for the most part.

I understand that most people buying this will not be too concerned by the sound quality, as it is perfectly adequate for those who are satisfied by mere volume rather than clarity. BUT if you're buying something, why not shell out a few more pounds and get something with substantially better build and sound quality, like the equivalent products from Altec Lansing for example?

I'm not able to recommend this product to anyone who expects good sound - it's adequate, and nothing more; it sounds like cheap computer speakers.
on 23 March 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have just replaced a recently purchase ILUV ipod dock with this in my kitchen and I am very pleased. It's seems really solid and, as the previous reviewer mentioned, does none of the annoying buzzing that many of the docks I have tried do. The sound is great considering how small it is and it folds down really easily. It comes with a lovely little padded pouch for when you take it away, no space in the pouch for the AC plug but would not be as aesthetically pleasing if it did.

It works with my Ipod Touch and my 2g Nano and the Ipod is in a nice position for using. Only downside for me is that I have it raised up on top of my breadbin and because of the way the clock is angled up it means I am unable to see the clock. Not a big deal but annoying. Can put batteries in it and am planning to use it outside at BBQs in the summer and taking it camping.

All in all a great little dock that I will be getting a lot of use out of.
on 20 January 2011
Really good speakers and great bonus they are travel speakers with plugs for uk and europe. Neay size and neat case!!!!
on 13 June 2011
I bougt my ipod touch 2nd hand and never had a docking adapter so I was a little disappointed that no information was stated that a docking adapter was needed, it would have allowed me to obtain one sooner - please add this to the detailed information about the product
on 29 December 2010
Delivery, packaging and the product - great!
The sound could be a little better, but my son loves it as it was bought fopr christmas and to be quite honest, i can't fault it!
Cracking item and i am thinking about getting one for myself!
on 25 March 2011
I found this product to be everything they said it would be . It makes it easier to transport and enjoy my music anywhere .