on 6 August 2013
My PhD supervisor recommended this book as a definite "one to read". Having said that, I've only had a bit of a quick look through it so far but it does look totally useful. It's much more 'accessible' than some of the other research methods books I've looked at and my supervisor really likes that it offers "templates" for your own writing - eg it actually says things like "The purpose of this research is to [insert your own words here]...". I guess if you use this sort of thing to inform your own writing, then it could be quite handy ;). I've not seen this in other research methods books, so it's a bit of an edge that it has.

Fairly expensive book, but I suppose they all are nowadays lol. Definitely useful though.
on 21 January 2014
...this is the one I'd buy. I've been very fond of all of Creswell's books (and Creswell & Plano). They're probably the only research books that I consistently refer back to. They're excellent for graduate students also. This one has a particular focus on the research proposal but is also perfectly suitable for orienting the researcher in the three approaches.
on 2 November 2017
This is most deatiled information source for any meaningful research design. comparisons; style of writing; philosophy/paradigms of inquiry are detailed and simplified. Creswell is research expert of contemporary research community as Guba & Lincon; Kerlinger used to be in their generations!
on 16 December 2013
This text was recommended for a course I am doing. It does a good job of bringing together qualitative and quantitative research methods and explains mixed methods approaches quite well.
on 18 February 2016
An excellent book with clearly laid out research content. This book can help you to easily determine which research approach you should take based upon your philosophical perspectives.
on 23 February 2018
After almost a month of waiting the suppier informed me yesterday that it was out of stock while it caused me a lot of trouble with starting my thesis. So disappointing
on 19 March 2016
The perfect book for anyone starting out in research.
on 24 February 2018
Very good condition.
on 3 September 2015
The book served my need for the purchase.
on 20 November 2014
Excellent if you are planning on doing an advanced degree or just trying to understand mixed research methods.