on 18 June 2017
This worked for while and seem to work well. It stopped working however and I could hear a rattling inside. The adapter was barley moved and not used excessively. It would get a better quality version if I was to buy one again.
on 10 March 2013
For the price, even though not genuine apple, this is great.

It works flawlessly, with great picture quality from my 2011 MacBook Pro through its thunderbolt port.

I personally use it only when giving presentations using my mac (so I dont have to export a keynote to a ppt and loose features). It also allows me to use my iPhone as a remote for it. All presentation set-ups have a VGA input, but not all have HDMI (which I normally use for my home external monitor)
on 13 August 2012
I really had high hopes for this product.
It worked amazingly when I first got it, but after just having this adapter for 3 months its just decided to stop working. This was also the same with my HDMI adapter, which I also bought at the same time. Both have just suddenly stopped working for no reason and I'm angry because I now have to buy two new cables.

Not Happy. Get something with a higher quality!
on 6 November 2013
My expectations for this item were very low due to the price, in reality it performs perfectly. The only let down was that the delivery time was so long albeit within quoted times
on 14 April 2016
Does the job
on 13 September 2017
Excellent
on 23 April 2014
Used this for a very long time with all macs around the home and there is nothing to fault, great product (Y)
on 29 March 2012
Plugged this in as a second monitor cable alongside the HDMI - DVI cable which comes with the mac mini. Screen flickered for about the first 10 minutes then it simply stopped working. I tried 5 different cables and 2 different monitors with exactly the same result.

Brought the official Apple one and returned this one. Not worth the money / hassle
on 16 June 2012
I used it between a Thunderbolt port on a new MacBook Pro, and the blue VGA cable to a monitor - it works fine.
on 8 February 2012
Good quality adapter, works fine with my late 2008 macbook pro at 1920x1200 and half the price of the official Apple one.