on 5 October 2010
During the summer, when it was warm and humid at night, we were troubled with mosquito bites. I sprayed this stuff on the curtains and in no time at all there were dead and dying mozzies all over the windowsill. Two months later it's still killing mozzies and gnats that land on them.
on 20 May 2012
As a previous review said this now comes as a closed bottle with an attachment to be fitted when you wish to use it so there were no leakage problems. When using the attachment i found it squirted rather than spraying a fine mist - which is what i wanted. So i transfered the fluid to a standard house plant spray when I reached my holiday destination and applied with that. In terms of effectivness - fine, myself and my three friends used this for a week and had no ticks on us at all and there was enough in a single bottle to last for the whole week.
Other than the squirting issue - very happy with this.
on 6 April 2014
Whilst it won't quite give you the midge repellence of a Star Trek forcefield, it works otherwise - you can see the midges land on your clothing, have a wee wander around and then fly off. Be aware that this product is for clothing only - don't apply it to your skin.

I've been using this stuff for several years now and this stems from contracting Lyme Disease from an infected tick and so I use it more with that in mind than midges as you often can't see ticks especially in the nymph stage as they are so small. Using this stuff means they're less likely to stick around looking for bare skin to attach to you.

It has to be said though that even though you use both skin and clothing applied repellents, you should always check for ticks especially if you've been anywhere there's deer or sheep. If you do find any attached ticks, don't touch them or burn them off as you will make them vomit and this is when any infection can be passed into your bloodstream. Instead, carry a pair of pointed tweezers and use these to grip the tick's jaws before pulling it straight out. After that, keep an eye out for the bullseye rash that may or may not show up; if it does, go straight to your GP.

Midges are a nuisance, Lyme Disease can be quite the opposite...
on 23 May 2013
I had bought one bottle of this last year for when I went to Egypt.Brilliant,no bites,stings from either mosquitos or ants etc.I came back and immediately bought some more.Perfect!!!
on 17 September 2012
Despite spraying my socks and shoes thoroughly with this product the mosquitos still bit through them. Maybe they were the wrong kinds of mosquitos or maybe I'm just too tasty, but it didn't seem to have been a worthwhile purchase for me.
on 29 January 2015
Treated suitcase, clothes before going, treated room ,bed and curtains whilst on holiday , No mossies ! tip, there is a "squirt" -direct spray, did not use, & a "V" Fan spray, which i used so as not to soak clothing etc the marks are shown on nozzle ,not easy to see as same colour, just look at it under bright light ! .
on 7 March 2011
I would like to leave a review of this product but like other people I cannot as it leaked in its entirety in my case and drowned my phone . Please sort the lid guys. Why not a screw top with gun in packaging . I used to research insecticides and was party to clearing permethrin for use with the UK army and world wide bed nets so I know its good. Shame I couldnt use mine .
on 11 December 2013
Having been bitten by a tick and got Lyme's disease this is an excellent product, I put it on my clothes and since using it have not had a tick on me at all, which has GOT to be a bonus.
on 27 April 2014
I have in a place in the Highlands, we get a lot of deer coming through and this brings ticks near the house, my neighbour contracted Lyme disease last year and he was very ill for months, knowing that ticks on my doorstep passed on this disease was a real worry, I used this spray on my walking boots and gators, so far I've not seen a single tick on my boots or gators and I know they are about. I avoid long grass and watch where I'm waking but the Permerthin does give some comfort :)
on 27 May 2013
My bottle did not leak unlike for others that complained about it.

This is effective stuff. I actually bought it specifically as a garden insecticide. At one time you could buy Permethrin for many years in garden centres, but the good old EU decided to ban its use for that purpose as it's highly toxic to all insects and fish, but apparently not to mammals other than cats. You can safely eat food 48 hours after spraying. It's very useful for killing aphids that infest the leaves of roses, strawberries, beans etc. For this purpose you need to dilute it down by about 5 parts water to one, but it does the trick. But as it also kills bees and other useful pollinating insects, if you ever use it as an insecticide try not to spray it on any flowers.

Good value (under £8).