VINE VOICEon 12 August 2016
This is your typical serial killer story. You have the killer who is warped. you have the protagonist who has issues. you have the cat and mouse chase.

I found that this book kept me turning the pages without issue. The characters (Sami and Al') are well developed. The Serial killer (Simon) is warped.

What I liked the most about this book is that I found it well written, the story flowed and there wasn't any OTT rubbish that you can find in some books. Like the cheesy one liners you find in films.

This book did what it wanted to do - tell the story of how the police planned to find this man. I have to say I enjoyed it heaps!
on 30 July 2014
Wow what a book. For you people that are a little squeamish, then this is not for you. The plot involves a serial killer who believes that all women are sinners and need their souls saving. He targets women with small children and uses the child to get the mother to do what he wants, so that he can carry out his ritual. Sami and Al are the loveable detectives trying to solve the case. Even though half way through you knew was going to happen to Sami and Al, it did not stop me reading on as I needed to know how. The writer is very clever at leaving you with little cliff-hangers to keep you hooked. It was hard to put the book down and I found myself waking in the middle of the night to read more. An excellent book and highly recommended.
on 23 November 2013
This book was full of suspense, and as some of the critics have pointed out in their reviews, the plot may be a little predictable but it was so exciting I could hardly put it down and the lead up to the final chapters raced along with a fantastic finale. It was a story concerning a homicide detective working on a case where the perp kidnapped mothers along with their young daughters and finally crucifying the mother. Won't say any more just read it you'll be glad you did.
on 12 March 2012
A really terrific read.I love the two main characters Sami and Al.The storyline is so original,so terrifying,tense and tummy clenching.I could not put this down until i had finished it.The horror was unemaginable and i will say it was one of the best books i have read for a long time.I wait and look foreward to Daniel Annechinos books in the future.Top marks
on 24 December 2015
Enjoyable and uncomplicated without all the usual phony police jargon and technical junk.
Will be trying another by this author.
on 10 April 2014
this was a good read.full of drama,an intelligent serial killer,warped as a child by his demented mother he was determined to kill 'loose' women by crucifying them.in the end he received his just rewards from GOD,,leaving us with shivers and a happy ending.
on 11 November 2013
Second book I've read not in the right order but I couldn't put this one down either as good as the best of them will continue to being a fan and look forward to any other books.thriller from start to finish.
on 28 October 2016
Good read for wiwnter nights
on 6 July 2014
I understand from other reviewers that the author is a book editor. Surely he knows the advice to writers, "show, not tell." Well, 'They Never Die Quietly' tells but rarely shows. On the credit side, the plot carried me to the end despite the leaden writing, but I won't be coming back for more.
on 24 December 2016