• Y Not
  • Customer reviews

VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 August 2010
This is a good album and I have been playing it a lot and the songs have grown on me. I have all of Ringo's albums and his music, while not brilliant, is often pretty good. Ringo is very under-valued, but he is capable of far more than a lot of people realise, and I love his voice. As a Beatles fan, I have to say it is worth the price just for "Walk with you". It makes me cry every time I hear it...
on 25 June 2015
For me this is his best Album by far. Well produced and really thoughtful songs. Inevitably, I must comment on the duet with Paul Macartney which is brilliant and moving. Ringo is like a fine win and just gets better.
on 1 June 2017
Excellent
on 3 March 2016
Item as described. Excellent service.
on 13 September 2013
I like ringo iv`e got ringo and his all-starr band, photograph, Liverpool 8,y not and ringo 2012 brilliant music liverpool
on 19 November 2015
Perfect!
on 4 March 2015
superb product - excellent service
on 20 June 2015
Good priced vinyl
on 14 January 2010
Hi Folks. I've actually heard the whole album and I dont give 5 stars to every review like some other reviewers on here, who give the impression that Ringo Starr and all his work is essential listening.

I'm a Beatles fan, who through loyalty, listens to/buys all their works as a matter of course. Had this album been produced by anyone else, many of us wouldn't give it a listen.

That said, it is Ringo Starr ex Beatle, and it isn't that bad. The fact that he can produce such a contemporary sound on the verge of his seventieth birthday, is an achievement in itself.

The single "Walk with You" is easily the best track, thanks to the contribution of Van Dyke Parks (co-writer) and Paul McCartney (vocals). Joe Walsh helps on the loud "Fill in the Blanks", and Joss Stone dominates the vocals on "Who's Your Daddy", both solid tracks. The rest is very much the same as Ringo's last album, Liverpool 8 and the one before that, both in sound, theme and content. Some of the lyrics are quite embarrasing.

However, if you want your dependable Ringo to be the same as the last time, you'll probably enjoy this. Five star, essential and ground breaking it isn't
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 February 2010
Ringo is perhaps the physical embodiment of the old joke - Q. what do you call someone who hangs around with musicians? A. a drummer! Although he was the most likeable of the Beatles, his singing left a lot to be desired and his own compositions could never match up to the other three. Nevertheless, in the seventies he started off with two really good solo singles "Back off Boogaloo" and "It Don't Come Easy" but in my opinion he never really followed these up with any other good records.

This record follows the 'Liverpool 8' album and Ringo's 2008 appearance in Liverpool for the City of Culture celebrations. It is a lot better than I expected, even though the majority of the tracks are fairly bland modern pop, well played but pretty characterless. For me the best track is "The other side of Liverpool" co-written with Dave Stewart, with Ringo reminiscing about his childhood in Dingle and giving nods to the people who helped him on his way up. Although the lyrics to some of the other tracks ("Peace dream") can be a bit corny, I found these lyrics really moving - I think it's one of the best things he's ever done! It's also really nice to hear him singing with Macca on "Walk With You" and I also enjoyed the tracks "Time" and "Everyone wins". With a band featuring amongst others Joe Walsh, Dave Stewart, Benmont Tench, Don Was and Edgar Winter it's no wonder the music sounds so good but for me Ringo remains the focus and I prefer to hear him rather than Joss Stone, as on the final track. It's great to have Ringo still around and still making music in 2010.