on 19 July 2010
As part of a group of anglers who have fished the Highland Lochs for many years this product came to our attention when it first appeared in the local angling shops. We were sceptical at first but having used it in the worst of midge conditions ( still, damp evenings !) can
vouch for it's effectivness.
on 13 March 2013
I was just reading through some of these reviews as I'm about to get my Avon resupply ordered in preparation for the yearly onslaught and thought I had better throw my two pence in.

As a Midge repellent this stuff is brilliant. Some people say the different colour bottles work differently for them, personally I believe as long as its Skin So Soft then its all good. It must be noted that it generally wont stop them from landing on you but they certainly wont bite you (in my experience)

As a Mosquito repellent... Personally I'm not overly convinced, however as Scotland doesn't appear to have too many Mossies, at least not as many as down South then I'm not really bothered. The odd Mossie I can handle, a swarm of 1000+ Midges is no laughing matter! If any of you have had the pleasure of finding yourself on Rannoch Moor in the Summer in little or no wind then you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Well done Avon, even if you wont endorse it as a Midge repellent ;)
on 22 September 2011
From the Outer Hebrides to Turkey, Egypt, Thailand and beyond Avon Skin So Soft dry oil is the most effective insect repellant ever - a must in these climates.
on 24 April 2011
advised to buy this for holiday as insect repellent - came back from South Africa with no bites and lovely soft skin - very impressed !!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 February 2016
Years ago we visited the Highlands of Scotland on a regular basis and learned the hard way that the midges can eat you alive in the summer months. We tried everything and then one day someone said you need to try Avon Skin So Soft spray in Woodland Fresh. Well it was a life changer.

We are due to visit this summer so I was pleased to find it is still available and now sold for this use in Original frgarance. It comes in a good size bottle and is reasonably priced. It has a pleasant lemony fragrance. It is oil based so I would advise not spraying it on your best clothes. However it works a treat and is not full of chemicals like some insect repellents.

I can certainly recommend this product and will hope it continues to be available.
on 8 October 2011
Worked on keeping midges from biting during the hot weather with no skin reaction or discomfort. clean and easy to use
on 8 June 2010
Wonderful to find a product that works and isn't full of toxic foul smelling chemicals.
on 2 June 2009
I think this product is AMAZING while it keeps your skin feeling cool soft and cared for it also seems to stop the Midges and Mossies eating you alive! not quite sure why but well it does on me anyway and many of my friends who have gone abroad won't go away without it which is why I say if you are sitting at home in the garden or going to the Amazon Rain Forest then don't go without a good supply and you know even Wasps dont like the smell or taste
Thanks for reading
on 20 February 2011
Just to add to the other reviews, this stuff is an excellent mosquito repellant.

I have used DEET repellants in the past and they never work for me, i always get an armful of mossie bites.

I used this stuff for 2 weeks in Thailand and Malaysia and all i can say is that it really, really works! It smells ok too (unlike DEET).

One bottle will last one person 2 weeks (sprayed on arms n legs twice a day).
on 2 November 2011
I have just returned from the highlands of Kenya with a group of colleagues and used Avon Skin So Soft and Dry Replenishing Oil Spray every day. Not only did it keep my skin moisturised but I was the only person not to get insect bites. Other people used Deet products and still got bitten.