on 22 December 2013
This worked much better than I expected. I was not having much luck with wifi range extenders due to poor signal quality and stability.

Less than a minute to replace the existing 2 antennae of my TP link router. These were rated at 5dbi. The move up to 8dbi has meant that I can stream 1080p video from my Apple TV in the lounge from my study PC upstairs in the other side of the house. This was very jerky before. The signal strength on the Apple TV went up from 3 to 4 stars. The speed is also greater despite a similar signal strength probably due to a higher quality more stable signal.

A tip. It is much better to use the main router if you want speed than to have a separate wifi range extender. I would certainly try this excellent value option first.
on 1 September 2015
Solved my signal problems in the garden and prevented the need for an additional AP. Following an extension to the house, the AP at the rear of the property simply wasn't providing enough signal through the additional brick wall to get reliable wifi on the patio (OK - 1st world problem and I know I should hang my head in shame). These antenna have now sorted the issue, so I can surf and stream to my heart's content, while enjoying the evening air.
on 19 March 2017
Bought 3 of these to use with a TP-Link C7 Archer router after moving to a townhouse, the stock antennae got lost during the move so I can't confirm if they make much of a difference but we get enough signal on the top floor to stream video when using the 2.4GHz connection and turning the transmission power to high on the router.
on 19 June 2017
Got a second hand PC that had a wifi card in it but was missing the antenna, this gives good signal even upstairs (normally you should have a wifi router on each floor of your house). Excellent construction.
It is a must buy if you want to increase your 2.4GHZ range with a reliable connection.
I used three of these on an extender, in order to get full bars to my dual bank 2.4/5ghz TP-LINK N750 router.
These are quite long, so do bear that in mind.
Just a shame that they aren't 5ghz compatible. That would be been the cherry on top.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2016
Not for all routers as I tried on my dual band router but signal was zero due to being 5ghz and 2.4ghz.
on 24 July 2012
I bought this as I was losing the signl on my Denon Ceol RCD 7. This aerial is about 4 times longer and very well made.

It connected quite easily at the back of the the Denon and after resetting it picked up my wireless router and stayed with the signal.

Very pleased with it so far.
on 8 March 2017
Very happy, exactly as described!
on 9 July 2017