Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Size: 4x External + 3x Internal|Style: PCI|Change

on 23 November 2010
I ordered this card for a customer who by damaging the front usb ports on his tower pc, lost the motherboard function driving these ports. Having replaced the front port hardware, this card connected to (by header cable) & drove these ports without problem, as well as providing 4 further spare ports to the rear of the machine, and 1 spare internal port.The motherboard was an S755MAX (Athlon 64) mobo running with Windows XP. The USB drivers were contained in the operating system, installation CD not needed.
on 2 May 2012
Did what it said on the box, easy install, automatic on win 7. I somehow managed to short my motherboard usb dohickey this fixed everything, extra usbs plus internal usb header for case front usbs, just the job. As I said running win 7 64 bit on a ASRock/Phenom 2 X4 and no problems.
on 22 November 2011
Works with: Vista 32bit, Windows 7 64bit & Windows 7 32bit
Have a spare 4GB USB Flash Drive on the internal port. Portable apps on there until I find better a use.
Packaged well
I should've bought this ages ago.
on 9 March 2015
Excellent product (almost) as described !

I've used Startech products before and have always been pleased with their quality. This card is as good as usual.

Quality card, well made with good,snug connections.

To be crystal clear, there are only 6 ports available on this card, but I knew this already from looking at the picture before I bought it.
This made absolutely no difference to me, as the main reason I wanted this particular card was for the internal header to drive a pair of existing USB ports at the front of my machine that no longer worked due to a motherboard issue.

So, in short, you get 4 x external USB2.0 ports, 1 x internal USB2.0 port and 1 x internal USB2.0 header.

My machine is running XP and the card was detected and installed without the need to use the supplied CD.

Well pleased and wouldn't hesitate to recommend (just be aware it only has 1 internal USB header, not 2)
on 25 December 2014
I bought this Startech USB card (3 external, 1 internal) because it has a VIA VT6212L chipset. This chipset enables my VOIP321 Philips DECT Skype USB telephone to be recognised on my new Windows 7 64 bit Fujitsu PC. This was the only PCIE card I could find with this chip. When plugging the phone directly into the mainboard USB ports or an Inatec usb card the phone was not recognised and so was unusable. I have not needed to use the optional power connector on the card. The simple addition of the card has enabled me to continue using a very useful device. I run the Vista version of the Philips VOIP program in Vista service pack 2 compatibility mode. I am using the latest version of Skype 7.0.85.102. I did not need to download any driver for the USB card. Other VOIP321 users have found the VIA VT6212L chipset cards to enable compatibility but this chip was generally on a PCI card; this card is the current PCIE which the Fujitsu P420 mainboard is equipped to take.
on 13 September 2010
Low, low price for a piece of p.c. kit that's simply essential in this day and age when NOTHING runs from USB 1 ports. If you haven't got at least USB 2 then get this now and avoid embarrassment.
on 31 January 2016
I'm sure this card is very good but it doesn't work in a 64 bit system, hence the 3 stars. It would have been nice to know that before I bought it. Replaced with a CSL 4+1 card , also from Amazon, and that works perfectly.
on 16 December 2014
...least from where I'm sitting. Brought an old laggy machine lacking USB ports back up to speed! Seems using a wireless dongle, tablet and printer on the motherboard ports were causing serious system lag. Plugged everything bar mouse an keyboard into this and it's been great ever since
on 6 January 2016
I brought this product a few days ago. Attached it to my pc on the day it arrived and have been using it since.
The product was properly package with no damage to the packaging or item itself. Comes with instructions. Arrived on time. Fast and easy track delivery. Was easy to install. As long as you have a spare PCI slot available on your motherboard. Comes without driver disc and it is has easy to install driver system meaning windows automatically downloads and install the correct/needed drivers from the internet. I rate this seller 5 star. And would recommend this product to anyone needing extra usb ports or if their on-board usb ports and faulty and not working.

Notice: Can confirm this is fully working with windows 7 ultimate 64bit. As I have seen some people have been having issues with getting this product to run with win7.
on 13 December 2012
No problems fitting into a PCI slot, ie. correct dimensions.

My PC is running windows 7 64-bit. The drivers were installed automatically on first boot. Wireless Xbox controller works well with it,
as do USB pen drives.

This uses a standard VIA chip for USB 2.0, drivers for which are included in window 7, and probably windows 8 too.
The manual also states windows 7 as being supported. You should have no problems on 7 with any device.

Obviously, as with all hardware, USB devices you plug in require their own drivers that are win 7 compatible.