Customer reviews

on 14 July 2013
It is the musical version of the old Italian film 8 1/2 about an Italian film producer who is wondering whether he has got to the end of his creative work. Stunning performances from the main characters of Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, a fabulous Penelope Cruz and sadly a poor performance from Nicole Kidman (Is she really an actress?) In the actual film the set production numbers are fantastic and they also transfer to CD very well too. I saw the film first and was captivated by the music, so got the CD. Love it.
VINE VOICEon 2 October 2010
I went to see this film knowing little about it and was bowled over by it. I loved every minute of it and the first thing I did when I got home was to order the CD which I have played time and again and never tire of it. It captures everything romantic, vaivacious, carefree that one has come to associate with Italy, especially Rome.
on 23 February 2016
Brilliant! Is there anything Day Lewis can't do?
on 20 December 2013
I just love the music and songs of this film. Its more of a specialists album but you can still enjoy this whether you have seen the film or not.
on 22 September 2015
All good
on 26 February 2013
I prefer the stage version of most musicals, but I enjoyed the film version of "Nine" as I haven't yet seen it on stage. Penelope Cruz is fabulous in the film, and I've never really rated her before. Enjoyed it enough to buy the soundtrack...
on 24 April 2015
loved the movie and wanted the music, It took ages to arrive though
on 24 June 2013
Client described it as said, all communications have been first class. Client has went the extra mile to make sure all expectations have been met.
on 18 January 2010
I saw the film just after it was released and it was a marvellous start to cinema going in 2010.If you love Italy,cinema or those memories of the 60's,then this is the film for you.If you enjoy a musical score which briliantly comments on the storyline and the characters,this soundtrack is for you.

In fact,I thought the score so terrific that I purchased the soundtrack shortly after seeing the film.All the cast have their own special vocal moment and all seize such moments with sheer panache and relish.

This cd will be a very special memory of a very special film whilst waiting for the DVD.

To all concerned with this recording-MILLE GRAZIE !
on 7 July 2014
Arrived in good time and in great condition. Fantastic piece of music and much played in the car.