on 9 January 2017
This toy is just a delight. I bought it for my grandson's Christmas because I saw a lady on a bus keeping her son occupied through the whole journey and it has not disappointed. Harry, my grandson, LOVES it. There are bits to scrunch and bits to chew and dangly feet to wave. It's fab. Worth every penny. As many gold stars as you can give it!
VINE VOICETOP 50 REVIEWERon 25 August 2013
I bought a couple of these with the intention of one as a stocking filler for my friend's upcoming baby which is due soon and another for my second which is due later this year. This is a gorgeous little toy and I am really really impressed with it - I wish I had discovered this for my first born as well. There are so many different textures and colours on it to keep your little one amused; with ribbons along the saddle and mane, crinkly feet and body, clacking rings for his tail, knotty legs, a jingle head and a squeaky knight. A fantastic little toy and I shall definitely be having a look at the rest of the Lamaze play and grow range. Another thing is that it comes completely sealed in a plastic bag so it's extremely evident that it is brand new.
on 9 August 2016
We bought this after loving a couple of the other Lamaze toys and it doesn't disappoint. It's one of the larger toys so we held off using it till our little one was abo 3 months. However, she loves it. She likes grabbing his feet, chewing the rings on the back or just scrunching him. It seems to be really well made and is taking quite some battering with no signs of wear. Really impressed with this. Love the name too!
on 13 August 2016
Lovely size, great length from where it clips to the pushchair/car seat. But, although the bright colours are great, I think it's a bit boring. There are 2 rings on the tail, a bell inside it and each foot has a crinkly noise. I think know it'd be better it if had a squeaker, a mirror maybe, and different textured parts. A nice product but there are better products available.
on 3 January 2016
This item was complete shoddy rubbish. It is not a genuine Lamaze toy and I certainly wouldn't give it to a child yet alone a young baby.
It is a cheap foreign import and I would be happy to discuss this with both Amazon and Trading standards.
This item is being imported from China and is avoiding UK safety standards.
on 17 January 2015
Bought this as a black Friday deal so a great bargain.
Love the Lamaze products, always solidly made.
So many different colours and textures, very tactile, it seems that every part of the toy that you touch makes a different noise!
My son is 8 weeks so just starting to grasp things and I'm sure he will love this as he grows.
He does love looking at all of the different colours already.
Quite large too!
on 21 August 2011
I brought this for a friend on a whim when she was pregnant - she's scared of horses so I naturally brought this a joke baby gift.

10 or so weeks after birth, this was the first toy my friends baby was willing to play with and now she won't give it up and holds onto it all the time (yes, at 12 weeks!) So hopefully she now will grow up pony mad!

I think its a mixture of rings to hold onto, put arms throught, or put in the mouth for teething, as well as enough soft legs to also hold onto that makes it perfect for a young child. I think thats probably more important than the textures, noises etc at this age - for older babies they will want more noises and colours but for younger babies the format seems perfect!
on 13 May 2014
I haven't really got a specific fault with this, but it's just not quite so good as some of the others we have, and doesn't seem to keep our son's attention for long. The squeaky knight is quite hard to squeak, even for an adult, so I can't imagine my son being able to ever really do it. I would recommend instead Freddie the firefly as number 1, then Rusty the Robot, then Lenny the Lion.
on 17 August 2011
We already had a freddie the firefly which was so good and loved by my daughter I decided to buy some more for my new son. This toy does not have as much stuff to 'do' as freddie (eg no mirror) but is manufactured with the same high standards and gorgeous fabrics. It has a lovely tinkly bell in the horses head rather than normal rattle sound and being a character will provide hours of imaginative play for my son when he is older. At 4 months my son just enjoys sucking the taggie bits and the knots!

A lovely toy with something for every child to enjoy.
on 23 April 2016
Sir Prancealot became one of my son's firm favourite toys. He loved the bright colours and sounds on this toy and I loved how well it washed! The hook feature was a great idea so the toy can be attached to the buggy or pram and saves losses! The teething rings were another favourite feature of mine. Would highly recommend this toy. Hours of fun and still one of my son's favourites

See one answered question