Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Style: Octopus Pirate|Change

on 4 January 2014
Scratch mitt was too small to fit my 6m old. Seller responded immediately to say I can get a refund but we've kept it (too busy leading up to Xmas). Daughter now plays with it like any other toy and we will use it as a finger puppet.
on 29 April 2011
I bought this for my son as he already had Freddy the Firefly and adored him. I was surprised at how big Captain Calamari is. On the whole, my son enjoys playing with him BUT, twice now he has banged his head on the rattle. As quite a boisterous 5 month old, he loves picking Captain Calamari up and bashing him around. Unfortunately, like I said, the rattle has hit him on the head twice resulting in one screaming baby!! I have now cut the rattle off so he can play with him unharmed. It's a shame really as Lamaze toys are usually great.
on 18 July 2010
Both my baby and the son of a friend have this toy on their pushchair and love it- they never got bored of it so far!The quality is excellent and I also like the look, can only recommend this one!
on 16 March 2013
Even though I was loathed to buy endless garish coloured plastic tat once our little'un arrived, I conceded and purchased Captain Calamari and Freddy The Firefly. I have to confess that these are the most exciting things our baby has, she never gets tired of them and always manages to distract her from even a level 10 crying fit.

The firefly was the first object she grabbed and shook. Calamari is the follow up after the previous success.
Great quality item (I checked it thoroughly as previous re-veiwer had mentioned problems). These Lamaze toys are a great investment for your babe.
on 29 April 2015
Bought these to put on babies hands to give her something to chew but unfortunately they're off within minutes. They need a Velcro wrist fastening to help keep on not just they'll power. They are nice and colourful though and the knots are apparently nice to chew. Will make good puppets later.
on 17 January 2015
I love Lamaze but this is the most useless thing I have ever bought !! My little boy loves his captain calamari pram toy so thought this would be ideal now he's teething. Does not stay on material not long enough and does not do the job it's meant to do ... Useless !!
on 12 July 2013
This is very bulky so is hard for baby to get in their mouth plus being made of velvet isn't a great idea, as it's hard to clean properly and baby isn't keen on the fury texture in her mouth, also it doesn't stay on her hand, there are no bands or Velcro to hold it in place. I wouldn't recommend this as a teether.
on 16 September 2014
Great little teether toy, how ever would not call this or any of the other Lamaze Teething Mitts, mitts!! They do not really fit nor stay on the baby's hands, how ever they are nice and small for them to catch hold of and have a good grip of
on 5 March 2017
Definitely our baby's first favourite toy. There are so many toys to choose from but from about 3 months until about 10 months our baby loved this. Each of the legs has a different texture (good if your baby likes to try everything with its mouth!) and the rattle and ring are great to play with. The hat has a crinkly foil sound inside, and the top ring means you can attach it to a pram or car seat as a useful distraction.

We bought a few of the Lamaze toys but this one stood out far and above the rest as far as keeping baby's interest and lasting a decent length of time. Highly recommended.
on 18 September 2013
My son loves his Captain Calamari! First he loved looking at it, then he loved the rattle, when he was teething he started biting it's tentacles and the rings attached and now he is just over 6 months he loves looking at the mirror underneath and just playing with it. It's definitely one of the best toys I have bought for him!

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling