Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 March 2010
Lyrical genius, perfect song structures. Best album I have heard this year. 'Failed Suicide Club' is the best Babybird song I have heard since 'Bad Old Man'. This album is dark and uplifting at the same time.
on 15 March 2010
In album after album Stephen Jones has proved himself one of the most talented and distinct voices in British music, and ex-maniac is as good as ever. Wrapping bitter & twisted tales within beautifully crafted tunes he ploughs a lonely furrow, and produces little jewels. Nothing here will trouble the charts or cause Simon Cowell a sleepless night, but very little of true quality ever does, so buy this album, go and see the tour, and support a national treasure ..
on 13 March 2010
After a four-year gap, it is so pleasing to see Stephen Jones back on the scene with such an enjoyable album. Got to admit, I was a bit sceptical at first, as in the intervening years there has been so much superb new music, I had forgotten what I originally loved about Babybird.
This Lp is up there with Babybird's best, containing darkly tragi-comic lyrics and some of the most commercial melodies/arrangements Stephen has ever written.
My current favourite is Failed Suicide Club, but there are many moments of great joy to be had here. Please don't leave it so long next time.
on 28 February 2010
Have heard clips of this album on You Tube and Babybird website and it sounds great.
I hope it sells by the bucketload.
I saw Stephen and band in Norwich at the U.E.A.around the time of Your Gorgeous and Ugly Beautiful. Really great memories of the gig and have liked them since.
In these days of being ironic or clever I would just like to say I love the music and good luck to Stephen with this album.
Will be rushing out to purchase it just as fast as my middle age legs will carry me!
on 27 March 2010
This album is great. Mr. Jones never disappoints. He is wry, menacing and succinct, swathed in a blanket of beauty, like a candy coated pill. He is in my top 5 "favorite artist". Keep on doing what you do until I'm 65 and fat. Please.
on 17 August 2013
A fine return from the dark mind of Stephen Jones. From the first lyric of the album 'I will kill you...' , you know what kind of territory we are in, with the usual brand of dark, sometimes disturbing, yet always excellent music with a hint of accessible pop to mask the often sinister overtones. While it may lack some of the more instantly hitting music found on some of Babybird's other albums, this is a fine recording which never falters. Truly excellent.
on 27 March 2014
Underrated? Off course, but that's not the problem. He should be a household name for the hole western world by now. His name should pop up more often in discussions. Why? He always take the shortest way of communication. His writing goes directly from him to you, without distortion. No filter.
on 16 February 2013
What a quality album
I had forgetten about this band for some years
What a stroke of luck I have re discovered them
This album is a must
Fantastic is the only word to describe Mr jones he is so underrated
Buy this and I promise you you will be singing along
Five stars
on 3 May 2010
Didn't realise there was a new Babybird cd until I heard Johnny Depp mention it and rate it. Love it as much as Ugly Beautiful. If you are a fan you will like this a lot. And Johnny even plays on it!
on 4 May 2010
Having seen Babybird on their latest tour I bought this album as it had most of the songs they played on the night. It is a fantastic album and a must have for both fans and people new to the band.