TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 April 2017
I've used these on a few occasions now, mainly hiking on the UK countryside, lake district and wales, as well as travelling in Africa and India.
I also have experience of basic chlorine tablets for treatments.

These are my go to tablet to sterilise water in these situations, the plastic package protects the tablet blisters, and is easy to slot in your bag, however i disposed of this and used my own package within my kit.
The pack contains a small square of fabric to filter debris from the water, this isn't there to provide and protection, but it lets you fill from streams etc, without any particles or bugs flowing into the bottle.
one tablet then treats 1ltr of water, and takes around 30 minutes. I tend to carry 1 bottle and camelback, so i make sure at least one of them has treated water, so that i don't have to worry about the wait.

In my experience, these tablets are more or less tasteless, or at least there is no taste that has bothered me.
Chlorine Diox tablets are preferable over to standard chlorine tablets, which have a very strong taste and actually need an extra neutralising tablet to make the taste bearable.

Having used these fairly extensively i have never suffered ill effects during my trips that could have come from water intake.

these are sufficient for most people drinking natural water in the UK, choosing the source is still important, avoid still or discoloured or brackish water, look for already clear and flowing sources, free from obvious alges etc.
I believe if you are further afield or anywhere with known water risks you should look at a more serious system, such as filtration of UV treatment, but generally these will suit most people.
on 23 February 2014
These tablets are much better than other ones i have used, once the water is ready to drink it might still smell a little bit like chlorine but the taste of the water is fine and even my 8 year old nephew was ok to drink it! Highly Reccomend these tablets over the others purely because there is almost no taste of chlorine and other tablets ive used literally tasted like swimming pool water 10/10
on 27 March 2013
First time I have used Chlorine Dioxide tablets, having previously used iodine. I used these recently on a two-week trip to Nepal, where local water was unsafe, but necessary to drink at high altitude. The tablets dissolve quickly and are usable in 10 minutes. Little taste (very faint smell of chlorine) and no staining of containers, as iodine does. I'd use these again.
on 29 November 2014
Just returned from trekking in Nepal and I can't rave about these tablets enough. I used these daily, in my water bladder, and I can honestly say I preferred the taste over the bottles water on sale. Other trekkers were really struggling with their choice of water tablets/drops but I was thrilled with mine. The other reviewers were right!
on 2 June 2017
Good product in general. Chlorine Dioxide is better against amoeba than other chlorine products but far from sufficient. This will not remove/ kill all parasites in the water. Learn about it before you use it. Use preferably with a filter.
on 26 November 2015
Have used these in UK, Nepal and Peru and found them easy to use and effective. You just slip one into your 1litre water bottle and 15 mins later tou can drink it. When taking lid off the bottle you get a whiff of chlorine but that is just in the air abouve the water. The water itself does not taste bad.
on 15 October 2013
Bought as a safety measure just in case when going to Asia. Wanted something that would not taste too terrible. Happy to say that I tried this out on water from my water butt, using a steel 1 ltr bottle and as instructed one tablet. Left for 20 mins although it states 10 on the instructions. I have not had any ill effects and the after taste is acceptable.
The packets of tablets are in sealed foil and all contained in a hard plastic case.
on 11 November 2015
So far only test it on water from garden puddle but it clean it superbly! No foul flavor of any other nastiness in water just purified water. It does smell bit of chlorine but that is expected. I will field test is soon so there will be update.
on 17 July 2016
Came on time! Good Quality! Came in a Nice plastic 'click' closing Crush-proof Type box; So u can keep them 'Handy & Safe, redy 4 use!!'(4, water Purifying!!) Michael 🤗🐸.
on 17 January 2017
great solution for the hiking fans. Safe water anywhere at any time

See one answered question