VINE VOICEon 2 June 2010
What a wonderful voice is possessed by Camilla Kerslake !

Her tonal quality is invariably pitch perfect, her voice pure, pure to the extreme. Her delivery, effortless and soaring.

Her choice of songs on this CD are perfect vehicles to demonstrate her talents: each song is delivered sympathetically, entrancingly.

But her voice, her voice !

This must surely be a voice that is pretty close to the absolute state of perfection that human vocal chords can hope to attain as a musical instrument ?

....the angels must be jealous....
on 24 June 2015
A beautiful voice. Great songs
on 20 March 2017
It's okay - a bit same-ish.
on 23 November 2009
I first heard Camilla Kerslake 10 days ago on the Waitrose advert. For the first time in 38 years of loving, listening to and buying music, I was immediately transfixed by a new artist. Wow, what a voice, I was completely stunned. I did my homework and found it was Camilla and ordered the CD, which arrived this morning. I've listened to the album 3 times today and am certain that this will be one of my favourite albums ever. Camilla is my new favourite female vocalist and I hope I get the chance to see her live soon. I don't write loads of reviews here - only for the really special stuff and this is way past special and out the other side. If I could give it 10 stars out of 5, I would. Absolutely stunning, buy this album now. No, not tomorrow, NOW.

PS. A couple of weeks later and I still can't get enough. Each one of these songs is perfect - from the beautiful musical arrangements (and the performances of the musicians) to Camilla's exquisite, beautiful voice. I get a tingle down my spine when I play this CD, which in my opinion, is the best new album I have heard in the last decade. Treat your ears (and your soul). Buy it now.
on 10 February 2010
This is the first music download that I have purchased. I found it easy to do and Camilla has a beautiful voice, I will definately be buying more downloads for my music player in the future.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 November 2009
Who is Camilla Kerslake I hear you asking.......but if you have seen the latest Waitrose advert you would have heard her, yes it is her voice singing. Gary Barlow, businessman that he is signed this young lady up and now we have this magnificent debut album.

In that her voice is clear and crisp, with a touch of innocence in some ways it is reminiscent of early Hayley Westenra in sound. Camilla isn't trained operatically and thus this album is a crossover between classical and modern easy listening, with a bonus disc of 5 songs for Christmas (ideal for this time of year, and as a present). Camilla has a vocal range of something like 4 octaves meaning that she has no problem hitting the notes.

All in all then this is a beautiful young lady with a beautiful voice that will captivate you, and she is sure to go far.
on 20 February 2010
This album is amazing, it has just been nominated for a classical BRIT. Camilla has an amazing voice, it so pure and clear and she sings high notes with ease.
Track by Track:

1. she moved through the fair- not my favourite on the album, but beautifully sung 3.5/5
2. How can I keep from singing- very nice arrangement, love this song- 4/5
3. Can't help falling in love- again a lovely arangement of a brilliant song 4.5/5
4. Rule the World- love this song in English- love it even more in Italian, especially the big finish Camilla gives it 5/5
5. Rain- first heard this on a celtic woman album and this is even better than that version- set to winter from the four seasons 5/5
6. Balulalow- I have never heard this before, but it has to be one of the best on the album 5/5
7. Pie Jesu- tank god its not the andrew lloyd Webber version which is covered so much it gets very annoying 4.5/5
8. Panis Angelicus- one of my favourite sacred songs 4.5/5
9. closest thing to crazy- incredible cover, I like the Katie Melua original, but this adds a whole new dimension and it has not been messed around with for the sake of it Camilla sings it close to the original which is great becasue the tune is so beautiful and she sings it with so much emotion. 5/5
10. Cavatina- one word only to describe this wow! the best song on the album 5/5
11. In Paradisum- angelic 4.5/5
12. Largo- Camilla showing off her amazing range 4.5/5

This cd also includes xmas carols which are also sung beautifully- everyone should buy this album, it is amazing and deserves to win at the classical BRITS. I can't wait to hear more from Camilla
on 18 December 2009
What a lovely CD, beautiful fresh singer, nice choice of music. We cant stop playing both CD's.
D&M Lydamore.
on 1 December 2009
The debut album from Camilla Kerslake is fantastic. I can't stop listening to it. The Gary Barlow track 'Rule the world', sung in Italian by Camilla is sensational. Her selection of songs vary,and with her amazing voice she could make 'Old McDonalds Farm' into a classic. I first heard Camilla on classic fm, and immediately looked on Amazon for a download. I think that very shortly everyone will know her name. She is destined, in my opinion, to become a bigger star than Catherine Jenkins
on 30 November 2009