on 8 February 2016
I Hope i have done the right move by buying this series , however i have just seen the first one in the series and just could not keep up with the story line , it seems all over the place with coming and going with the story line very thin , i have read other reviews on this series and the first two of the series are a bit ??? but then it picks up [ i hope ] i will come back later as i watch more to see if the story lines get any better , if you were thinking of buying season 1 maybe it would pay you just to buy episode one to see how you find it .
on 23 March 2016
Didn't even get to the end, poor script, unbelievable characters. I thought this was going to be a good program, simply disappointed.
on 14 April 2017
Quirky.
on 27 April 2015
A good TV series. I will be buying the next one soon.
on 6 September 2017
another one of my favourites
on 5 April 2015
Disc 1 & 3 played well but disc 2 never played and was already scratched.
on 15 February 2010
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the series and to be honest I'm impressed. In a nut shell the show is just another TV detective story. The difference being that rather than chasing criminals , the story lines are based on hiding them. The reason I headlined with the adjective 'different' is that instead of presenting us with a Gung-ho macho central character, the producers give us Mary. Who while she can give as good as she gets in a bun fight, presents the viewers with a female perspective of police work. So instead of using the brute strength of other police type stories,she uses her feminine intuition (which while not as visually effective as explosions,guns and anger does get the job done.Note there are explosions,guns and anger. Just not as many as usual)

Also and the reason why I only gave this 4 stars, is because I do believe that this series is aimed at the female market. So we have extremely handsome men as boyfriends,detectives and such,while the female characters while pretty are more your next door neighbor type. We have emotion, solitary crying and a few group hugs. Don't get me wrong this isn't a show based on Sex in City,Ugly Betty or Desperate Housewives.

What the producers have managed to come up with is a series which can be enjoyed by both sexes. Which is why I will be ordering the second series.
on 27 March 2010
I had never heard of this series when it was recommended to me, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It focuses on Mary, a tough talking US Marshall responsible for people in the Witness Protection Programme. Each episode deals with a different criminal or witness and the complications that arise from being in the programme. However, there is also the long-running storyline of Mary and her partner, Mary and her on/off baseball playing boyfriend and Mary and her flighty mother and sister. Mary and her family also have some backstory relating to her father who has been missing for most of her life and is wanted by the FBI.

The pilot episode and the follow up were a little dreary, I found, and I was a little disappointed. However, after that it really picks up and I started to be much more interested in what was going on. The relationships between the characters became clearer, rather than foggy mess that they seemed at first. The longer running storylines are more compelling than the "new each week" ones and that's what holds the interest. The acting is pretty good but there is still some work to do. Mary's sister, in particular, can be a little one-dimensional, so I hope that will improve in further seasons. I think it could be funnier too. There's room for a little more humour in there.

It's worth a try if you have liked other American crime shows but it's not up there with the likes of Criminal Minds or CSI or The Mentalist for example. I'm going to stick with it for season 2 and see how it improves.
33 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2015
I was looking for something other than the usual NCIS et al to watch, and came across 'In Plain Sight'.
Marys' directnes plays beautiful against her partner Marshall's love of the arts and quote. Stan the Boss of the unit is funny and amusing in a warm and caring way.
I watched all 5 seasons in the space of 2 weeks,

I loved it. Shame it ended
on 1 April 2016
I wasn't sold after the first episode/pilot but have enjoyed the other episodes since.