This most welcome release covers a large time span from 1941 to 1958 and includes plenty of new additions thanks to the current public domain law. Of course many of the all time favourites are here "The Christmas Song"; "Have Yourself a Merry Christmas"; "White Christmas" and a healthy selection of carols too. The younger set include Connie Francis with "Winter Wonderland" 1958; Johnny Mathis with "I'll be Home for Christmas" & "What Child is This?" 1958; Harry Belafonte "Christmas is Coming" & "Mary, Mary" 1958; The Seeger Sisters "Joseph & Mary" & "Bright Morning Stars are Rising" 1958; The Harry Simeone Corale" "The Little Drummer Boy"1958.

Overall the sound quality is very good and I listened to this one through headphones and only picked up on the slight difference in recording styles and levels. Running times CD1 approx 71 mins and CD2 approx 69 mins. I'd have to say this is one of the most pleasant Christmas selections I have heard in a long time.
22 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2010
I bought this album based primarily on the low price and the classic famous names. Having listened to it now, I can't believe what a bargain it is! The sound quality is, as the previous reviewer says, excellent. There's a lot of amazing artists on here and, from a musical point of view, plenty of gems. I'd never heard of "Mele Kalikimaka" before, but it's a new favourite! A pleasant change from the usual Christmas fodder - I'm extremely happy with my (impulse!) purchase!
on 11 December 2010
I bought this last Christmas for my dad and he really liked it. It is now his favourite Christmas Album. In fact the whole family love it.

It has some of the most popular songs and by the best artists. It also has some quite rare tracks that are gems.

It's amazing value. You have some of the best names in show biz. With the likes of Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley, Doris Day, Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong, The Andrews Sisters and many more, how can you go wrong. There is something for all tastes.

Classic!
on 6 June 2011
I have a few cds of Christmas songs, this is a nice one. Good to listen to during a meal, while you're cooking, or at the end of the evening as it has a mellow feel to it. Good mix of carols, old favourites and ones I hadn't heard before, but I enjoyed once I did. A good counterbalance to my more party-friendly, rowdy Christmas compilations or more ecclesiastical offerings and it complements the similarly mellow, wonderful Rat Pack Christmas delightfully.
on 9 December 2011
brings back nice memories of the 1950s when l was a young woman, listening to the radio in the evening at my parents home,
waiting for my mother to bring in the sandwiches and cocoa for me and my younger brother, lovely times.
on 2 November 2011
Ok, some of the songs play out at a lower level than others, but it's got that christmassy feel all over. Some songs I knew and some I didn't - even found a few new favourites. I have various christmas albums, cheesy pop to classical, but this is the one that will got on top of the pile. And I can't believe I finally have a copy of Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas), anyone who can't have a christmas without National Lampoons will know this song from that film.

and who can live without Bing crosby at christmas!
on 31 January 2012
I purchased this music just before xmas for a little xmas cheer at work. It doesn't disappoint. If you are looking for Cliff Richard etc you may be disapointed as this is more of a traditional collection of xmas music. Theres more 50s and 60s to it. All in all a nice collection but not a party cd by any stretch of the imagination.
on 24 February 2011
A lovely selection of Christmas music with different artists. Singers from the 40s 50s and 60s. A real feel good Christmas mix, with loads of sing along tracks.
on 18 February 2011
THIS CD IS JUST SUCH GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY.
EVERY SONG IS JUST SO FAB.
THERE IS NOT A SONG I DO NOT LIKE .
SOME JOG THE CHILD HOOD MEMORIES WHICH, AT MY AGE
IS A WELCOME THING,AS I FEEL THE SPIRIT AND EXCITEMENT OF CHRISTMAS IS LOST WHEN WE ARE ADULTS.THIS CD HELPS PUT THE SPIRIT BACK IN.
GO ON GET ONE I PROMISE YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE
YOUR LITTLE WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE.
on 19 April 2013
Bought this to treat myself and have some 'real' Christmas songs in the house. It's a hit! Even the kids love it - it's full of songs (by the original artists) that we know and love, and can sing along to, and they're all on one CD too which is a bonus. Seems a shame to just listen to the songs once a year, so we have a rule that if it snows we can play it! That meant that this year it was still being played in April! We would highly recommend this CD.