on 10 October 2017
ok
on 30 October 2017
Not that good
on 18 June 2012
Very festive, I really like all the tracks on this CD. It transports you to Christmas Eve in an instant - Watching Scrooge on TV, cat on your knee, large brandy in front of the fire.
on 29 November 2010
I bought this album based primarily on the low price and the classic famous names. Having listened to it now, I can't believe what a bargain it is! The sound quality is, as the previous reviewer says, excellent. There's a lot of amazing artists on here and, from a musical point of view, plenty of gems. I'd never heard of "Mele Kalikimaka" before, but it's a new favourite! A pleasant change from the usual Christmas fodder - I'm extremely happy with my (impulse!) purchase!
on 22 December 2012
This album has got a great track list but the sound quality is very poor. It sounds like it has been recorded directly off old tapes / records. It really doesn't live up to what I was expecting from a digital recording. I feel like I've wasted my money because even there are loads of tracks I won't listen to it because of the poor sound quality.

I'd advise anyone who is considering buying an album of Christmas music to check out the Ultra Lounge Christmas Cocktail series first. I bought Ultra Lounge Best of Christmas Cocktails album at the same time as buying this album. Every track on the Ultra Lounge album is remastered and crystal clear. Playing both albums back to back really highlights how substandard the sound quality on this album is.
on 7 August 2014
Really pleased Thank you
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 October 2009
This most welcome release covers a large time span from 1941 to 1958 and includes plenty of new additions thanks to the current public domain law. Of course many of the all time favourites are here "The Christmas Song"; "Have Yourself a Merry Christmas"; "White Christmas" and a healthy selection of carols too. The younger set include Connie Francis with "Winter Wonderland" 1958; Johnny Mathis with "I'll be Home for Christmas" & "What Child is This?" 1958; Harry Belafonte "Christmas is Coming" & "Mary, Mary" 1958; The Seeger Sisters "Joseph & Mary" & "Bright Morning Stars are Rising" 1958; The Harry Simeone Corale" "The Little Drummer Boy"1958.

Overall the sound quality is very good and I listened to this one through headphones and only picked up on the slight difference in recording styles and levels. Running times CD1 approx 71 mins and CD2 approx 69 mins. I'd have to say this is one of the most pleasant Christmas selections I have heard in a long time.
22 Comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2010
I bought this last Christmas for my dad and he really liked it. It is now his favourite Christmas Album. In fact the whole family love it.

It has some of the most popular songs and by the best artists. It also has some quite rare tracks that are gems.

It's amazing value. You have some of the best names in show biz. With the likes of Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley, Doris Day, Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong, The Andrews Sisters and many more, how can you go wrong. There is something for all tastes.

Classic!
on 6 November 2011
well known singers great selection of traditional songs would brighten up any christmas good to sing along to its what alot of people 30+ would know white christmas bing crosby eartha kitt etc and great value singers sing the songs they are best know for some songs that old the sound quality is abit off sound like a 1930ish recording.
on 6 June 2011
I have a few cds of Christmas songs, this is a nice one. Good to listen to during a meal, while you're cooking, or at the end of the evening as it has a mellow feel to it. Good mix of carols, old favourites and ones I hadn't heard before, but I enjoyed once I did. A good counterbalance to my more party-friendly, rowdy Christmas compilations or more ecclesiastical offerings and it complements the similarly mellow, wonderful Rat Pack Christmas delightfully.