• Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 July 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This beats the old nappy soaking buckets of years gone by, those that remember them.Its clean, tidy, looks good. Its a very hygienic way to dispose of the nappy. It twist and locks the nappy in individual bags. It means you don't have to go to the outside bin so as not to smell the house out. There are no unpleasant odours escaping.The system starts you off with plenty of bags. I wouldn't be without one now that Iam looking after my grandchildren. Well worth the purchase.
on 20 June 2013
A member of my family has a stoma, and was looking for device that easily look after the waste products.
The tub is a little difficult to get used at first but after a few goes it really easy to use.
The instructions are very easy to follow when changing the cassette.
on 17 December 2016
Whilst parents may become oblivious to the nappy stink that their child produces, I don't think that applies to visitors; we refused to become a poo stink household, so one of these was going to be essential.

Two weeks use has resulted in us concluding that this is one of the best purchases of all time. Easy to set up and use, keeps everything clean, dry and stink free.

We've found that the bin itself is full after three days and each cartridge holds enough plastic sheet for three bins worth of nappies. Once the bin's full, cut off, tie off and carry on as before.

The only downside that I can see is the cost of replacement cassettes; they seem to be going for the razor blade/printer pricing strategy - the intro pack is perfectly reasonably priced, but refilling it is going to cost you. If one is so inclined, the cassettes can be refilled for far less than new ones would cost.
on 5 December 2011
This is a great way to get rid of dirty nappies, especially if you live in a flat and cannot easily get to the outside bin. It's easy to use, is antibacterial and does not take up too much room.
0Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 December 2017
We survived our first two babies without one of these. Friends told us how good they were, so we got one but unalloyed honesty it just takes up room. The concept is good but I find after a few Nappies it starts to smell anyway so you might as well save yourself the expensive refills and just chuck them straight in your outdoor bin!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 September 2015
Owned this before in a white (original) version, but bought this as the old one was worn up (worked like a charm though untill then).

However I recieve the pink version instead and the entire top does not fit as if the plastic have a lightly other shape. So when it clicks on it pops off when you use the lid - And when it stays on it still doesn't fit so the smell will exit through gaps.

I returned it as it was obviously defect and a couple of days later recieve a brand new one (super service, Amazon though). However this one have the exact same problem with a crooked lid. This is sent back too and waiting for my third bucket of this type.

So I don't know if I'm unlucky or the production of (some of) these new pink versions have gone wrong. Untill I recieve functioning one I cannot give more than 1 star as it is practically worthless - Especially when I have used the white exact same model for 1½ years with no problems.
review image
11 Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 June 2016
We got given one of these as a present, and whilst it seals smelly nappies away well, it has in my opinion some major design faults.

One is that in order to lift the lid and/or seal away the nappy you need two hands. As any parent knows, with a squirming little one the most you ever get is one!

Needing two hands is partly due to the weight of the product, which is pretty flimsy and top heavy. This also means the lid can't be left open for ease as it hangs back making it more unstable.

However the major issue I have is that the nappies stack up under the entry hole, meaning the bin fills up quickly even though there is space around the sides. My baby is only in size 2 nappies, but I'm imagining when she's in bigger ones the bin will need emptying once a day! Also given the amount of nappies babies go through I can't understand why the bin is so small.

All in all I'm not sure if there is better out there as I've never looked, and the bin does do its job ok. However these little faults just annoy me as it's not been well thought out!
on 10 December 2011
The lid now opens in a way that it requires a gap between bin and wall, before I could have it by the wall with no gap.
Refilling was also much easier because I could cut and tie the film without removing the top part. Now I have to remove the top with the film still in it, then I have to pull the film to the cutter and only then I can cut and tie the used part.

23 August 2012
After more than 8 months of use I still miss the previous model. So much fiddling is needed with this one when refill needed. Other problem is that after refill the first 2-3 nappies can't be sealed by rotating the ring, the previous model solved this issue too.
on 15 April 2015
Grate idea and i use the bin allot, only down side would be the refills . I have not bothered buying them anymore and I just end up putting a normal plastic bag in it now as you end up using them quite quick and where it twists to seal off each nappy you get quite a bit of waist bag when you take them out the bin.
on 24 March 2016
By far the best thing i bought before having a baby, with a newborn you are constantly changing nappies so they pile up! This bin is hygenic, the room doesnt smell and you dont have to change the bin everyday. The cassetes last a long time and suprisingly a lot of nappies can be put in this bin!