VINE VOICEon 10 October 2012
If you are expecting a new baby this is one of the products I would really recommend investing in, though you need to factor in the cost of the refill cartridges (and postage for them if like me you buy refill packs online). Basically, you pop a dirty nappy into the unit, push it down into the film, turn a little knob so the nappy is covered up by the film entirely (this bit is essential) and hey presto no more nasty smell in the room. And you don't have to take the dirty nappy out to the dustbin or have it ponging away in the kitchen bin. I find there is no smell from the unit, so long as I've remembered to twist the little knob. I empty it once a week (though I only use it for pooey nappies) and splash some bleach or anti bacterial spray around in it when I do. I wouldn't stuff my head in it and draw a deep breath but that is not what it's for. I find a 3 pack refill lasts me around 2-3 months, and I buy my refills from Amazon (I don't know where they would be sold on the high street). A product that is used every day and makes life that little bit easier with babies and toddlers around.
11 comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2011
This is a great way to get rid of dirty nappies, especially if you live in a flat and cannot easily get to the outside bin. It's easy to use, is antibacterial and does not take up too much room.
on 11 June 2014
Received item quickly thanks to a super fast delivery. Amazing item, I would recommend to any parent who is using disposables. No smell, no fuss. Holds lots and lots of messy nappies!
on 27 April 2016
With my older children I always thought these were a pointless invention. I got this one as it matched my sons room colour scheme an impulse buy you might say . I have found it incredibly useful to have a bin that conceals the smell so if baby decided to poo in the middle of the night you arnt faced with having to go downstairs to get rid of the nappy or have to smell it all night if you have an open bin in the room.
As I say I purchased it because of the colour - I think its great to have something to match colour schemes and would love to see it it more colours too.
Next day delivery with amazon prime was useful and the packaging was fine too.
I wouldn't say its an essential item for new parents but is certainly a very useful one!
on 4 December 2015
This is such a practical necessity in our house! I'm so glad I bought it as I hate to faff with nappy sacks, you can't smell the contents even with the fullest nappies until you empty it. The cartridges are pretty easy to put in and I can empty it in just a minute or two. Worth the money in our house.
on 7 December 2013
I bought two off these for two girls I work with and they are very happy with them ,Also my daughter has two ,One upstairs one down ,perfect I would recommend this to my friends .
on 19 April 2016
This bin is fantastic. It really helps to shut away odour. I have been using it since the birth of my baby 2.5 years ago. It was recommended to me by a friend and now I have purchased another as a gift for an expectant mum. Since birth I have only needed to empty the bin once a week. For toddler sized nappies I still empty it once a week but if you are home 7 days a week you may need to empty it earlier. The bin really hides any smells when it is closed. Obviously buying refills are expensive but definitely worth the convenience. Highly recommended.
on 21 January 2015
It does the job. It has helped us a lot when changing our baby by avoiding continuous trips to the garbage can. We have used an additional plastic bag inside the bin to avoid any possible smell.
It is a great gift for new parents but it needs some attention to avoid nasty smells
on 7 February 2016
Love this nappy bin so easy to use and discreet and hides the odour well, only issue is when u open the lid u get a whiff of the odour however still does the job and holds quite a amount of nappies till it gets full and easy to remove nappies and to change the bag roll.
on 14 May 2016
Excellent. Even better than I expected. There is no odour even when emptying the bin. The new roll of plastic tube is very easy to install. The bin can hold a lot if needed. I use mine for colostomy waste and find it invaluable. I think a smaller one would have suited my needs better but that is a small matter. I really recommend this bin.