on 14 June 2015
The magic finger - by Roald Dahl - a Review by Laura Williams aged 6 (very nearly7)

What is the book about?
A little girl who had a magic finger she turned her teacher in to a ratty mouse and her next door neighbours into animals too.

Who are the characters?
Mr and Mrs Gregg
William Gregg
Philip Gregg and a little girl next door.

Where is it set?
In a pretty house.

What is good about it?
That the magic finger only does some magic on some mean people. It is a funny story which made me laugh. It had a happy ending.

What is your favourite part?
When she tells the story of when she turned her teacher into a mouse.

Would you recommend this book?
Yes I would recommend it because lots of little boys and girls who like magic might want to read it.
on 16 March 2016
I loved Roald Dahl when I was a child and thoroughly enjoyed reading this to my younger siblings. As always with Dahl it is wacky and weird with some dark bits thrown in for the adults; making children of all ages laugh out loud. In true Dahl fashion it is wickedly comical with some life lessons thrown in for good measure. This is not considered to be one of Dahl's best, but I cannot wait to read it aloud to my own children.
on 24 September 2015
This review is by my 6 years old daughter :

my name is Ghazal and I found this book very nice to read and it was so nice . I could not leave my eyes out of the laptob till I finished it . I recommend everyone in the whole wild world to read it before they turn seven . I enjoyed all of the illustrations and drawings in the book .
I actually loved the shooting bit .
on 11 October 2017
I love roald Dahl books as this was a good story, just very short for the price. My 8 year old finished the book in 20 minutes so it really was a very expensive read.
on 12 October 2017
My daughter loves Roald Dahl's books. Have the audible version of this as well.
on 11 September 2012
This book was one of my favourites as a little girl and I am very happy to say it is now one of my daughter's too! If you have a young animal lover they will love the consequences that happen after the family next door shoot ducks! Roald Dahl really had a special talent, I love the fact that his books appeal to a youngsters sense of humour without being PC all the time
on 6 May 2016
My daughter is 7 and she loves this book. This is the first Dahl book she has read and I think we will be buying more in the future. It's easy to read with a captivating storyline. There's some lovely Quentin Blake illustrations so it's not all big blocks of writing which can seem daunting to early readers. Fast delivery. I would recommend this book.
on 5 October 2016
Bought it for my little sister, read it with her and its a sweet little story :) would recommend for an 8 year old !
on 11 May 2017
I have to get this for my son as they needed it for school and it come the next day as. Very happy with it
on 19 August 2016
Ordered quite a few Roald Dahl books ... Ideal for my 8 year old .. Loves reading these books which is a bonus ..